Your best/worst eBay experiences

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Inspired by this post. skb1065 goes back to the money order days, and so do I. So I'm interested in knowing if anybody has any interesting eBay stories. Lord knows I have a few, since I was a buyer AND a seller. eBay was a great side hustle until it got all about power sellers and the fukkery that is PayPal.

First time I got burned: bought this vintage Stevie Wonder poster for my aunt. Never saw that bytch. Insurance? Yeah, right. Only got burned for about $40.

Worst time I got burned: Bought an iPod. Got a (small) brick. Police told me to bug off.

Best buy: One I just got recently.

t6ytn5.jpg

34i1hc9.jpg

Annnnd this is why I still eBay, despite all. :smile:

Also, to this day, I'm not supposed to have a PayPal account b/c I used to sell a ton of bootleg CDs (unreleased Clay Aiken music back in the day - don't laugh, the white kids ate that shyt up). Since I was a verified seller, they had my SSN. So every so often, I have to make a new PayPal account just to buy this one thing I saw on eBay. Weird thing is that my eBay account *never* gets flagged.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Inspired by this post. skb1065 goes back to the money order days, and so do I. So I'm interested in knowing if anybody has any interesting eBay stories. Lord knows I have a few, since I was a buyer AND a seller. eBay was a great side hustle until it got all about power sellers and the fukkery that is PayPal.

First time I got burned: bought this vintage Stevie Wonder poster for my aunt. Never saw that bytch. Insurance? Yeah, right. Only got burned for about $40.

Worst time I got burned: Bought an iPod. Got a (small) brick. Police told me to bug off.

Best buy: One I just got recently.

t6ytn5.jpg

34i1hc9.jpg

Annnnd this is why I still eBay, despite all. :smile:

Also, to this day, I'm not supposed to have a PayPal account b/c I used to sell a ton of bootleg CDs (unreleased Clay Aiken music back in the day - don't laugh, the white kids ate that shyt up). Since I was a verified seller, they had my SSN. So every so often, I have to make a new PayPal account just to buy this one thing I saw on eBay. Weird thing is that my eBay account *never* gets flagged.
Wow, nice jacket. How much did you get it for?

so i bought this projector one time.....:mjlol:
That thread needs to be rafters :laff:

Maxine Shaw

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Wow, nice jacket. How much did you get it for?

$200. I've seen it go for almost twice that, so I was scared that I was about to get scammed, ESPECIALLY when it didn't show up for two weeks. Drove my poor family crazy.

That thread needs to be rafters :laff:

Oh, I am dying to be here in about a month or two. Back in the day, PayPal could (and would) freeze your account over "suspicious activity", and buying from OBVIOUS rip-off artists was one of 'em.

(Slightly O/T - The 5 Most Insane Examples of Chinese Counterfeiting)

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
First time I tried selling something on Ebay, guy tried scamming me. He personally emailed me saying he sent the money so I should now send him the product.

He was not allowed to personally email me, Ebay rule. So I called them, confirmed it was a scam, so they closed his account and cancelled the listing.

First and last time I'll be selling something on Ebay.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Worst: They got me for an iPod back in the day. The 80gb back when they were coming out. Tried to flip a few and lost one. International buyer, not verified, wasn't up on game back then. Altho I recovered the losses eventually. But I did lose my account, related to best experience.

Best: when we were burning and flipping naruto box sets for $100 a set. Was making good money until they shut down the operation. Even had the multi disc burner to speed up the operation.

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
Worst: Ordered some camo cargo past a couple years ago. Foreign seller. A month goes past I don't get nothing. I check his feedback people are getting they stuff but its coming late. Im like fukk it I'll give him some more time. Never got em & I waited past the deadline to file a claim to get my money back :snoop:

Best: Anytime I get sneaker below retail. When these came out in 2011 retail was $225.

Total-Air-Foamposite-Max-Blackout-1.jpg

I wasn't paying that much for a all black shoe. Copped them for $185.

Got another pair in 2013 for $120.

Last year copped a pair of these ds for $140. They was like $180 but I had a ebay coupon

air-jordan-retro-10-white-varsity-red-steel.jpg

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Worst:

i had a good streak copping sneakers off ebay and i saw these

air-jordan-xi-white-concord.jpg

the concord 11s... i was like:ohhh: for only $150? im copping right now. Now looking back I had to have been the dumbest fukker in 10th grade i really wasn't up on verified ebay sellers/good ratings or anything. I hit buy it now and they came a few days later. When I opened the box i saw the most fugazi pair of 11's i have ever seen in my life :wow: leather was dull, stiching all wrong, the jump man had a booty lmaoooo shyt was all wrong. I contacted the seller saying "hey these are fakes whats the deal?" son wrote me back and said "i never said they were authentic :troll: :shaq:" :dead:

at that point i contacted paypal and they opened a case. The whole team i was like "shyt if i roc these a certain way maybe no one will notice they are fake :flabbynsick:" lmaoo. Luckily ebay came through and I got a refund just had to return them to seller.

Best:

i got these for about $180 like a few years after they dropped :ahh: authentic
foam.jpg

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Man, fukk ebay & anybody that love'm. :pacspit:

fukk nikkas allow some fakkit in Brazil to zoe me. I sold him an iPhone 6 for $740, he had it for like a week & said some bullshyt about how it wasn't as described, made a claim, these nikkas sided with him, he "sent it back" & they gave him a refund before I got the phone in my hand. He sent it back to an old address I that was on my eBay account from 10+ years ago instead of the address on the package. I pick it up, open the box & its a fukkin blackberry 8330 :laff:

I got back and forth with eBay and they basically tell me something like "businesses/sellers take losses sometimes & this is one of those times :manny: "

Called paypal & had them close my account so eBay couldnt charge me the $740 they refunded ole boy + w.e bullshyt fees they said i was responsible for. They can eat a dikk, they aint never gettin that from me.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Just looking at this thread makes me want to punch something.

Worst: sold my two month old galaxy 3 to some clown in Italy (NEVER SHIP TO ITALY) fakkit contacts me a month later and tells eBay I never sent it express and that he never got it. I give paypal the tracking number and they say they can't track packages in Italy. I'm like I can't track packages once I put them in the mail box, fukk you want me to do? How does he know how I sent the package? It doesn't tell you when you check the tracking number? He's trying to scam. Paypal says we'll look into it and let you know what we decide. I woke up two days later with a email telling me I had -$300 in my PayPal account. I never used that shyt again. These clowns had the nerve to send me a survey on if I thought the resolution was fair and protect my seller rating. I always used to see people selling stuff say they don't ship internationally so don't bid if you aren't in the US and I thought it was fukked up but now I know why. I really feel like pulling a liam neeson in Taken and going to find this dude and beat my money out of him.

Best: I bought like a $5 game and the case had the game and fallout 3 in there too. Changed my gaming life forever on accident. I probably never would've ever played or got fallout and then I couldn't stop playing it.

Maxine Shaw

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Re: sneakers

The good thing about having small feet is being able to rock boys' shoes. The diff b/t boys' size 6 wheat Timbs and women's size 7.5? About $70. So my retro shoe game *stays* on point. Copped these in red AND blue, and I'm looking at a pair of blue/black ones right now. I remember when dudes were wearing these to prom.

air-jordan-18-xviii-original-og-white-varsity-red_1_.jpg