Yoooooo!!!!!

:russ:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I feel like you never even listened to the 1017 music, with that "Gucci dilutes" statement. The rich and thug wouldn't flourish statement is also bs. Thug wouldn't be where he is now if he didn't flourish on 1017. Prior to Gucci, thug had 3 mixtapes and nobody have a damn bruh, where was baby then?

Rich Homie and Thug's appeal and audience hit ASTRONOMICAL levels after LIFESTYLE released (people who would have never come across the duo, are now big fans because of the Rich Gang track. That is undeniable)

Prior to their engagement with Rich Gang, let's be realistic and consider who was listening to these dudes:

Not exclusive, but seemingly limted to: street dudes, internet rap forum heads and white hipster columnists. That's pretty much fukkin' it.

I'm actually a big gucci head. But i also feel that Byrdman has a better strategy for these guys than say... Gucci did with Waka, Orange Juice Man, Young Scooter, etc.

Now, to promote an ACTUAL TOUR, Byrdman is releasing a mixtape album to coincide with the dates/performance.

Byrd's clout, involvement and practice with Rich and Thug, as i must admit, is a product of Gucci's initial representation of the duo. Albeit, Byrd is FINESSING their appeal, sound and exposure.

You really can't say the same with Waka, OJ and Scooter (you may have a case with Waka, but he fizzled out quicker than flat soda).

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Rich Homie and Thug's appeal and audience hit ASTRONOMICAL levels after LIFESTYLE released (people who would have never come across the duo, are now big fans because of the Rich Gang track. That is undeniable)

Quan and Thugs biggest songs are pre-Rich Gang. And a Thug/Quan album was planned even before 1017.

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
Birdman capitalized on an opportunity, and he deserves a lot of credit for doing so

I don't know why people are trying to make it out to be more than that

Daps
Reppin
England
Birdman capitalized yeah but he's still putting weight behind them that wasn't there before. Isn't Rich Homie Quan signed to Def Jam? He's done more for them (videos for example) than either of their labels ever have. Obviously Gucci put Thug on but now Birdman is taking him to another level.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
He's done more for them (videos for example) than either of their labels ever have.

Not really. They had a good 3-4 videos ready to rollout for 1017 Thug before Wop got locked up.

The only tangible thing I'm seeing is the Richgang tour and Birdman loaning Thug cars, clothes and hoes.

Metro did more for Thug as an artist than Baby

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Quan and Thugs biggest songs are pre-Rich Gang. And a Thug/Quan album was planned even before 1017.
lifestyle provided that cross over hit they needed to get them out to the masses...type of way was huge but that was only a hood song...

Daps
Reppin
England
Not really. They had a good 3-4 videos ready to rollout for 1017 Thug before Wop got locked up.

The only tangible thing I'm seeing is the Richgang tour and Birdman loaning Thug cars, clothes and hoes.

Metro did more for Thug as an artist than Baby

The video for 2 bytches for example and I'm not saying BIrdman is doing a lot for Thug but he is giving him a great platform, Thug is so good he could probably do it without Birdman. Of course Metro has done more, them beats :wow:.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
lifestyle provided that cross over hit they needed to get them out to the masses...type of way was huge but that was only a hood song...

My nikka, Stoner, Danny Glover all charted the same as Lifestyle.

And Lifestyle would have been made regardless of 1017 or RG. We would also have way more material right now.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I'm actually a big gucci head. But i also feel that Byrdman has a better strategy for these guys than say... Gucci did with Waka, Orange Juice Man, Young Scooter, etc.

That's not a fair comparison at all. Waka, oj, young scooter, etc. All these guys came from nothing, but i can say they're buzzing harder than Lil twist jae millz, Cory guns, mack Maine, etc. Rich homie and thug had been buzzing for a while when baby got them. My nikka is bigger than lifestyle and 1017 thug was recognized by a lot of publications as one of last years best tapes. Not to mention thug had Stoner and Danny glover buzzing.