The way Thugger starts his verse on 730 :wow:

So gay...:wow: but so hard :wow:.....Pause :wow:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Bingo. Gucci still has too much emphasis on his own status and recording.

Gets in the way of what fans really want (and that's more hugga thugga and richmond quan lee)

Yeah i can't agree with that. Gucci help put on pretty much everybody that's popping in ATL right now.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
This doesn't even make sense

I'm not saying Gucci isn't being pivotal in the spearheading of the ATL movement. I'm fully aware of his involvement and development of new artists.

This is my quarrel with his position.

First and foremost, Baby knows he has no weight behind the mic... to better build his brand, he's going to let Rich and Thugga do the damage.

Gucci wants mic presence as much or moreso than his disciples. This, in turn, causes for the new talent growth to be somewhat stunted and
essentially diluted by Gucci's heavy involvement in songs.

Rich and Thugga would not flourish on 1017 the way they would on YMCMB. That's what's ultimately being demonstrated in my post.

Baby helmed the careers of Juvie, Wayne, Drake, Nikki, etc. and made them Platinum stars. ... now Rich and Thugg.

How effective can you be in developing your artists when you're filtering in/out of prison?

The type of marketing and artist exposure that Byrdman is employing with Rich and Thugga is unparalleled in contrast to what Gucci did.

But let's consider this...

How's this for an analogy:

If you were to start a new autobody business, who would you resort to running it?

An autobody repair technician who has years of car repair skill and knowledge to run a shop based on what he's seen or the previous body shop manager who's tried and true in running a successful business to oversee and use his experience to help the shop grow.

In this scenario.

Gucci: the body tech

Baby: the shop manager.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying Gucci isn't being pivotal in the spearheading of the ATL movement. I'm fully aware of his involvement and development of new artists.

First and foremost, Baby knows he has no weight behind the mic... to better build his brand, he's going to let Rich and Thugga do the damage.

Gucci wants mic presence as much or moreso than his disciples. This, in turn, causes for the new talent growth to be somewhat stunted and

Rich and Thugga would not flourish on 1017 the way they would on YMCMB. That's what's ultimately being demonstrated in my post.

Baby helmed the careers of Juvie, Wayne, Drake, Nikki, etc. and made them Platinum stars. ... now Rich and Thugg.

How effective can you be in developing your artists when you're filtering in/out of prison?

The type of marketing and artist exposure that Byrdman is employing with Rich and Thugga is unparalleled in contrast to what Gucci did.

Which is why I added the caveat of Gucci staying out of prison.

Thug and Quan were going to blow, Birdman or not.

And Wop gave Thug and Quan limitless studio time, solos on HIS mixtapes/albums and access to all the best producers...never once would I say Gucci diluted a Thug track. In fact, being around Gucci made Thug evolve his style.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Baby did absolutely nothing...Atl rappers, Atl producers. We would have another proper Thug tape if Gucci wasn't locked up.
So u think baby just put his Adlibs all over the track and got the credit? U dnt kno what he did, he executive produced it so he prolly picked out beats and shyt...to say he did nothing is stupid...if that's the case I'm sure quan and hug woulda did it without him, they weren't obligated to do so

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

But let's consider this...

How's this for an analogy:

If you were to start a new autobody business, who would you resort to running it?

An autobody repair technician who has years of car repair skill and knowledge to run a shop based on what he's seen or the previous body shop manager who's tried and true in running a successful business to oversee and use his experience to help the shop grow.

In this scenario.

Gucci: the body tech

Baby: the shop manager.

I feel like you never even listened to the 1017 music, with that "Gucci dilutes" statement. The rich and thug wouldn't flourish statement is also bs. Thug wouldn't be where he is now if he didn't flourish on 1017. Prior to Gucci, thug had 3 mixtapes and nobody have a damn bruh, where was baby then?

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
StunnaLife_RichGangART2.jpg

back.png

:wow: :banderas:

life.jpg

those are all southern cities