You Praise De La Soul 3ft High and Rising but Not Kendricks TPAB

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I see lot of people shyt on Kendrick Lamar Masterpiece To Pimp A Butterfly because of his accolades in the music industry by those who y'all say it cac music critics and publications

But y'all are hypocrties because when De La Soul dropped their genre changing masterpiece they received the same musical praises from the very same people.

3ft High and Rising was selected by the Library of Congress as a 2010 addition to the National Recording Registry, which selects recordings annually that are culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.

It is listed on Rolling Stones' 200 Essential Rock Records and The Source's 100 Best Rap Albums (both of which are unordered). When Village Voice held its annual Pazz & JopCritics Poll for 1989, 3 Feet High and Risingwas ranked at #1, outdistancing its nearest opponent (Neil Young's Freedom) by 21 votes and 260 points. It was also listed on the Rolling Stone's The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Released amid the 1989 boom in gangsta rap, which gravitated towards hardcore, confrontational, violent lyrics, De La Soul's uniquely positive style made them an oddity beginning with the first single, "Me, Myself and I". Their positivity meant many observers labeled them a "hippie" group, based on their declaration of the "D.A.I.S.Y. Age" (da inner sound, y'all). Sampling artists as diverse as Johnny Cash, Hall & Oates, Steely Dan and The Turtles, 3 Feet High and Rising is often viewed as the stylistic beginning of 1990s alternative hip hop (and especially jazz rap).[20]

"An inevitable development in the class history of rap, [De La Soul is] new wave to Public Enemy's punk," wrote critic Robert Christgau in his Village Voice review of 3 Feet High and Rising

It was ranked 7 in Spin's "100 Greatest Albums, 1985–2005", ranked 88th in a 2005 survey held by British television's Channel 4 to determine the 100 greatest albums of all time. In 1998, the album was selected as one of The Source's 100 Best Rap Albums. In 2003, the album was ranked number 346 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. In 2006, Q magazineplaced the album at #20 in its list of "40 Best Albums of the '80s".[21] In 2012, Slant Magazine listed the album at #9 on its list of "Best Albums of the 1980s".[22] The album was also included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

Electronica artist James Lavelle cited 3 Feet High and Rising as one of his favorite albums. "It was definitely a reaction to the slightly more hardcore area of what was going on in hip hop. As a concept record, it's probably one of the best ever. It's like the Pink Floyd of hip hop, their Dark Side of the Moon – the way it musically and sonically moves around, but also the use of language was so unusual and out there

:jbhmm: So again tell me again how you shyt on TPAB for its praises and not 3ft High and Rising

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Both, breh

tbh people gassin it up cuz it sounds like neo soul - im like, fukk that - YOU WANT NEO SOUL LISTEN TO NEO SOUL THIS HIP HOP PLUS DUCKWORTH CANNOT WRITE GEMS HE JUST RAPS MINDLESSLY

Then you haven't really listen to 3ft because those lyrics was cryptic and abstract, nikkas are just catching on what they was saying

And some of them beats was out there French, polka and all types of shyt

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Then you haven't really listen to 3ft because those lyrics was cryptic and abstract, nikkas are just catching on what they was saying

And some of them beats was out there French, polka and all types of shyt

man, 3 feet is in my top 10. IM talking about to pimp a butterfly - that shyt is wack.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Y'all nikkas be on some shyt, 3ft had around the same amount of ear easy listening tracks on the album as TPAB, and both albums you have to sit down to digest the music's because musically it's dense also.

Just like Georgia Anne Murdlow cult classic worthnothins on Stones Throw Records another Critcally Acclaim album you have to sit down with that album