you ladies about that twix life ?

JMill782

All Star
Daps
What kinda corny ass shyt is this :what:

Can we stop coming up with these dumb ass names :snoop:

And this is coming from an Afro-Latino

Just because we Afro-Latinos have a "different culture" doesn't make any less Black. So do the other Afro-Caribbeans (Jamaicans, Trinis, etc) and Afro-Europeans (British, French) not count either?

And for the record most of Latino culture (especially with Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans) is Black culture. The music, the food, the language. All of that was brought over from the African slaves transported to Latino America. Just saying
:manny:

you right on this. music like Salsa, Bachata, Merengue originated as black dances. another example would be a Dominican dish called Mangu originated from the Nigerian dish, Fufu. yeah there is plenty of information on Afro-Latino history. i actually plan on doing a thread on the root about Afro-Dominican history.
:manny:

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
What kinda corny ass shyt is this :what:

Can we stop coming up with these dumb ass names :snoop:

And this is coming from an Afro-Latino

Just because we Afro-Latinos have a "different culture" doesn't make any less Black. So do the other Afro-Caribbeans (Jamaicans, Trinis, etc) and Afro-Europeans (British, French) not count either?

And for the record most of Latino culture (especially with Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans) is Black culture. The music, the food, the language. All of that was brought over from the African slaves transported to Latino America. Just saying :manny:

I said when I think of Black love, I think of black americans. The term "black love" was made by black americans. I know that you all are black and/or mixed.

the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.

African/black American culture is not the same as the culture of African Latinos or Hatians, afro-Caribbeans or Africans who just came to america. Black culture usually refers to Black African American culture. In the U.S.

African-American culture, also known as black culture, in the United States refers to the cultural contributions of African Americans to theculture of the United States, either as part of or distinct from American culture.

Depending on where you live when you come to America, after generations of being here you eventually adapt, or change some of your culture to fit with american culture. Black american culture if you're around black/african americans. But most people still keep some stuff from their own culture.
And for the record most of Latino culture (especially with Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans) is Black culture. The music, the food, the language. All of that was brought over from the African slaves transported to Latino America.
Black americans speak english, africans in africa don't usually speak spanish, spanish is latino culture.

Last edited:

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I said when I think of Black love, I think of black americans. The term "black love" was made by black americans. I know that you all are black and/or mixed.

African/black American culture is not the same as the culture of African Latinos or Hatians, afro-Caribbeans or Africans who just came to america. Black culture usually refers to Black African American culture. In the U.S.

Depending on where you live when you come to America, after generations of being here you eventually adapt, or change some of your culture to fit with american culture. Black american culture if you're around black/african americans. But most people still keep some stuff from their own culture.

Black americans speak english, africans in africa don't usually speak spanish, spanish is latino culture.

I was just about to post this, you took the words out of my mouth. You will probably be called a c00n though by these confused idiots.

The term "black" in general revolves around Black Americans and NOBODY else. Ive noticed for the longest when I identify myself as "black" people start projecting black american culture onto me when Im of carribean descent.

Also I acknowledge African ancestry in the carribean culture but I hate the term "Afro-carribean". We are the default Carribeans save the suffixing for the minority populations in the carribean. We are the Majority population, the face of the carribean, and the culture of the carribean And if you pay attention we have pre-columbian existence in the carribean, and should act like it. Nobody call Europeans who are americans Euro-Americans. or Euro-Australians they are the default, same with us.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King

I was just about to post this, you took the words out of my mouth. You will probably be called a c00n though by these confused idiots.

The term "black" in general revolves around Black Americans and NOBODY else. Ive noticed for the longest when I identify myself as "black" people start projecting black american culture onto me when Im of carribean descent.

Also I acknowledge African ancestry in the carribean culture but I hate the term "Afro-carribean". We are the default Carribeans save the suffixing for the minority populations in the carribean. We are the Majority population, the face of the carribean, and the culture of the carribean And if you pay attention we have pre-columbian existence in the carribean, and should act like it. Nobody call Europeans who are americans Euro-Americans. or Euro-Australians they are the default, same with us.

This and This