You know why there won't be disc next gen?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Maybe this should go in JBO: 128TB SD Card

memory cards are getting much smaller with more space. then you have SSD cards. so it does makes sense for digital downloads. also, it is probably cheaper to buy the digital game instead of physical stuff.

PC games are much cheaper and easier to pirate.. avoid the console game and go to PC gaming..
PC games are no longer cheaper than console games. The time of $40 new pc releases went away a few years ago. New games cost $60, just like on consoles.

They are easier to pirate though (as long as you don’t want multiplayer)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I doubt it, but I could see them offering a disc- less version of the consoles, possibly at a cheaper price :ehh:

Call it a "green" or "eco" version, since you're technically saving the environment, and there you go :ehh:
I think this is very possible. The price difference better not be huge though.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I think this is very possible. The price difference better not be huge though.
It damn well better be, da fuk :usure:

Removing the entire disc drive from a console, meaning no blu-rays n shyt?? I will definitely opt for that version if they do go that route since I only digitally download anyway, but I’m not buying the bum box if it’s only going to be $50 less.

$100 I’m :patrice:

Anything over $100 and I won’t think twice. I’ve been trying to migrate over to PC master race but that Xbox ecosystem is just :ahh:

Drop nearly $1000 for a gaming laptop only for it to collect dust and envy my 1X

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It damn well better be, da fuk :usure:

Removing the entire disc drive from a console, meaning no blu-rays n shyt?? I will definitely opt for that version if they do go that route since I only digitally download anyway, but I’m not buying the bum box if it’s only going to be $50 less.

$100 I’m :patrice:

Anything over $100 and I won’t think twice. I’ve been trying to migrate over to PC master race but that Xbox ecosystem is just :ahh:

Drop nearly $1000 for a gaming laptop only for it to collect dust and envy my 1X
You'd kill backwards compatibility removing the drive. Gonna be outrage