You ever quit a job on your lunch break?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yes, I think I was 17 or 18 at the time. I went on lunch break and went over to @The Burger King at I sat down and said "fukk am I doin this for? Lol..." and finished my lunch and went home :russ:

It’s crazy how this hits you like an epiphany when you’re young. But when you’re older you keep thinking about bills and how behind you’ll get and just say fukk it and go back to work lol.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about wanting less work. I actually prefer more work and responsibilities. I don’t like my day being slow and repetitive.
Sounds like you did them dirty
They didn't know what the issue was and you just left
how can they change something you don't communicate

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
Just quit my job last week. Was supposed to be a smoother transition out but I was at a breaking point and my wife was hella concerned about my well being. First time ever quitting without notice. Came back from lunch and did a call with the lead. Told him I’ll finish the last few hours but won’t be returning. He literally didn’t know what to say. Immediately got a request to do another call with upper management wanting to know the why’s. I held down a lot so I’m sure there will be a lot of unexpected adjustments they have to do, but fucc em.

You did the right thing and handled it well. Mental health and peace of mind isn’t worth compromising over a job.

Good luck with the next career move, breh!

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Sounds like you did them dirty
They didn't know what the issue was and you just left
how can they change something you don't communicate
You’re just drawing your own conclusions without any factual information. Had plenty of conversations about my issues with the position itself. My concerns and requests were never met with any answers just redirects. Even if I did do them dirty, I don’t owe them anything. Same way they can fire an employee with no concern for their life. Like stated it was about my well being. I’ll never put a job above that. My wife being extremely concerned just accelerated what was going to take place anyways.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
2019 I made $81 on a Sunday double shift at BWW and told everyone I wasn't coming back. I didn't.

A couple months later after about 3 weeks at a Macy's warehouse I couldn't take the day-to-day scheduling clashing with my second job I just got so I stopped showing up.