You ever quit a job on your lunch break?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I was working in this warehouse when I was 20. It wasn't directly with the warehouse but through a temp agency. The agency looked and felt shady AF. I worked at that warehouse for two days and took a nap during my lunch break. When I woke up from my nap in the car, I said I don't want to do this anymore, especially for $8.00 an hour so I drove home.

Nobody called to find out what happened and at the time I didn't have a bank account so if I got paid, it would have been a paper check.

Last edited:

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
I went to lunch & left a stcky note on my monitor that said "I quit" :pachaha:

I ran into one of the chics I worked with later & she said I didnt quit like a man :comeon:
I've done that but with an email. Fukk that you don't owe those people anything. They'll fire you with the quickness

I'm not trying to sit there while they lecture me or try to change my mind after it's already made up

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I've done that but with an email. Fukk that you don't owe those people anything. They'll fire you with the quickness

I'm not trying to sit there while they lecture me or try to change my mind after it's already made up

I quit plenty of times in my younger days, now I got a good job/career. But younger days... man I quit so many with the quickness, some of them no shows. Just had awkward moments picking up the check :russ:

The weirdest one was my father tellin me I should go in and face the music like a man when I was 18 cause I overslept for like 3 hours on a tempt job where you had to call at like 4am to say youll be there so i did and fell back asleep, they let me work and the manager just cracked like "I'm glad you finally showed up" on a moving job, so I thought I was good. I finished the day and then he said "everyone can come back tomorrow except you, you're done here". :snoop:

Last edited:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Just quit my job last week. Was supposed to be a smoother transition out but I was at a breaking point and my wife was hella concerned about my well being. First time ever quitting without notice. Came back from lunch and did a call with the lead. Told him I’ll finish the last few hours but won’t be returning. He literally didn’t know what to say. Immediately got a request to do another call with upper management wanting to know the why’s. I held down a lot so I’m sure there will be a lot of unexpected adjustments they have to do, but fucc em.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just quit my job last week. Was supposed to be a smoother transition out but I was at a breaking point and my wife was hella concerned about my well being. First time ever quitting without notice. Came back from lunch and did a call with the lead. Told him I’ll finish the last few hours but won’t be returning. He literally didn’t know what to say. Immediately got a request to do another call with upper management wanting to know the why’s. I held down a lot so I’m sure there will be a lot of unexpected adjustments they have to do, but fucc em.
people can't read minds
if you aint say shyt why would you expect them to give you less work

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Yes first day on the job working fast food (taco bell). Left on lunch break and never came back.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Not me, but I knew someone who quit on their lunch break.

Literally went to lunch and never came back. No call, no email, just disappeared.

I respected that shyt :ehh:
I did this lol once at a jewelry store job after they were giving me a quiz on all the birth stones.

I worked at Costco when I was younger and worked in membership. It was snowing outside, and I was helping out this girl bag, abd was joking around with her, this pimple faced manager liked said girl. He then randomly comes up to me and is like "AngryBaby, go outside and push carts" it was snowing, and I was in my dress clothes and that wasn't even my...Department. so I knew he was on crazy BS lol I told him "I don't have a Jacket at all" he said "I don't care". I Was like "aiight" and clocked out lol

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I worked at Lowe's from 2007-2009. Second job I got, when I got out of college and couldn't get shyt else because I didn't have experience and I marched right into the recession. I bounced around doing a couple of roles in there, but ended up in receiving and me and the receiving manager did not like each other.

One day dude told me I was moving too slow and said the store manager said I was moving like a "girl". I had already cussed out another manager and I was getting antsy to leave because I was only making $10 an hour and need to work 2 other jobs to keep my lights on. I got to lunchtime and decided I was gonna quit.

Coincidentally, me and the HR manager went to school together and even had a class together and saw I pissed and sat me down with the store manager right before I walked out. This p*ssy was indifferent if I left or not, but he basically said he didn't say that, and who do "you" think said it. I then realized it was a lie made up by the bytchass receiving manager. At that point I was like fukk it, I'm here now. Clocked out and left.

p*ssy ass receiving manager called my phone 3 hours later and said "are you coming back from lunch?". I said "nope, bye". He was like "wooooow" and hung up the phone.

Best decision I made for my career. I make like 8-9 times what I made at that job now.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
people can't read minds
if you aint say shyt why would you expect them to give you less work
What are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about wanting less work. I actually prefer more work and responsibilities. I don’t like my day being slow and repetitive.