You don't need a job, you need income.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Naw you gotta work. You don’t have to work for someone else though. It’s actually more work having your own shyt. shyt literally never stops. And have you ever been responsible for other people eating? That shyt come with all kind of stress/problems. Some people built for the workforce and some people not.
FACTS! Most aint willing to do that so thats why I never knock a breh who has 9 to 5. Plus the smart way to do it is get a marketable $kill. $tack the fukk up and invest in yourself with your 9 to 5 funding your biz. I see too many brehs cant even get ideas off the ground because they starting in negative from jump with attitude they a boss with no money to invest in biz.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We can form a real estate trust and invest in income properties. Each shareholder would receive a dividend after expenses are paid.

As a forum, we could make moves together.

Doesn’t have to be real estate oriented. We could form a private equity firm and buy businesses and make them run better.

If you don’t want to work, you’ll have to trust whoever is managing an investment. The trust part is probably the biggest hurdle imo.
Yes, this. If youre serious, make a group on here.

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Naw you gotta work. You don’t have to work for someone else though. It’s actually more work having your own shyt. shyt literally never stops. And have you ever been responsible for other people eating? That shyt come with all kind of stress/problems. Some people built for the workforce and some people not.

FACTS! Most aint willing to do that so thats why I never knock a breh who has 9 to 5. Plus the smart way to do it is get a marketable $kill. $tack the fukk up and invest in yourself with your 9 to 5 funding your biz. I see too many brehs cant even get ideas off the ground because they starting in negative from jump with attitude they a boss with no money to invest in biz.

It took me some time to finally realize that 9 to 5 can actually open doors if you get good at what you're doing.

Learn as much as possible, talk to them old white men with 30 years experience, and keep your eyes open. All it takes is realizing what customers need and taking advantage.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

My only problem with these folks is that they rarely ever tell you that:

A. They had a metric fukkton of help to get to where they got.
B. They had solid backup plans (savings, dual income)
C. They already had money so they could afford to "fail"

At least video #2, dude tells you towards the end that he had some privileges he could take advantage of. (Dad was an entrepreneur himself. MFer could have ended the video right there.)

If you want to start from the mud, you need to start with a safety net.

Have little to no debt, own as much as you can, have investments making some money, Roth IRA, and have a solid backup plan.

Then you can start looking at taking risks to bring in your own income.

fukk around and miss a rent payment, find out real quick about failure.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Want me to be honest? Are any of you guys who are really against the hamster wheel life doing anything to actually allow yourselves and others to be able to create a structure to work for yourselves where yall can make your own hours and etc?

Instead of doing side hustles and one job, lI would love to build a business with others that have the same drive. I have several ideas but you got everyone competing against each other on some "im the boss" whatever nonsense. It irks me to see the wasted potential and seeing how folks can better themselves and others but would rather stunt being insecure goofies or work against each other Then when they go down, they have no one to help them because they never built shyt with enough people to have people to help them. Too many selfish ass people out here doing things for all the wrong reasons. Like how much of a "boss" are you when you dont know how to bring the people around you to be apart of something to help out a collective?

Seriously, i have a VISION that would benefit more people than me but everyone wants to be on some me, me, me shyt. Hell even the groundwork for the business, id do that along with somebody else taking on the stress and everything but folks are like "naw". Finding people who arent selfish to do businesses with to basically have residuals set up so we all dont have to go to a job every weekday.

Many people just wanna make their lives hard because they dont get it

This right here. That’s the problem especially with the black community everyone wants to be a boss and not everyone has good leadership skills to be an efficient one. Some people need to know how to play to their strengths there is nothing wrong with being a worker. Everyone is a worker to someone even if you’re a boss you still have to be a worker not only for yourself but for everyone on your team or your customers you are trying to sell too.

Also people don’t take in the experience that you get while being a worker that can make you a boss with time while being self aware and observant and developing skills. If someone has a great vision that you would love to be apart of it shouldn’t be an issue for someone to say how can I assist.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When I realized I don't have to be stuck with one job, that was liberating.

It's honestly why people should skill up and be a well-rounded person.

I can leverage what I do as my main career along with the fact that I used to make beats and learned to draw. Now I can put all these skills/hobbies together or individually for employment. We have so much time in the day that we can use in order to grow as an individual who can take care of themselves through any job market. People aren't managing their time and using discipline though.

However, it won't happen if you sit around, browse the web passively and over-rely on other people. It's one reason why I stopped watching sports so heavy. It just hit me one day when I was on the court and somebody who works at Guitar Center said they modeled their game after Kyle Lowry. Dude would go watch games after work, break down what players are doing then practice them so he can pull it off at the gym. There's so much other shyt out there to build yourself up with that you can have something to show for afterwards but most people aren't doing it because it takes effort. Watching and talking about bullshyt all day is just that - watching and talking.

Last edited:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
1ae4528c4d18d050807828c230f2cb4d_w200.gif

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
It took me some time to finally realize that 9 to 5 can actually open doors if you get good at what you're doing.

Learn as much as possible, talk to them old white men with 30 years experience, and keep your eyes open. All it takes is realizing what customers need and taking advantage.
That's literally the game right there.. when I had funds coming in from gigs, my biz were able to flow better, I had connects, could invest in marketing, take chances and go from there..

When I would leave and just focus on biz, yea I had freedom but when you take them L, that consistent income would be nice. I had a car wash we started in condo building garages, we got the first contract cuz one of us worked with GM of building after first contract was wayyyy easier.. we built it up and sold that biz..

I always been involved wit real estate and the wins are incredible but finding good deals to rehab and flip can be hard if u don't got marketing budget you funding consistently.. also had tutoring biz that I saw opportunity to start summer stem program at private schools that morphed to after school care.. haters were real mad when we made that play in 2010s.. but covid hit and that program got stopped, had to pivot HARD.. But glad we got that wake up call because AI crushing those buildings now..

Now I'm goin fully into medical field and it's TONS of opportunities in it, brehs need to get in . Still doin real estate but doing bigger deals now wit experience, commercial multi units, new construction builds, etc.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
We can form a real estate trust and invest in income properties. Each shareholder would receive a dividend after expenses are paid.

As a forum, we could make moves together.

Doesn’t have to be real estate oriented. We could form a private equity firm and buy businesses and make them run better.

If you don’t want to work, you’ll have to trust whoever is managing an investment. The trust part is probably the biggest hurdle imo.

what you're describing is comparable to the tulsa real estate fund.

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
That's literally the game right there.. when I had funds coming in from gigs, my biz were able to flow better, I had connects, could invest in marketing, take chances and go from there..

When I would leave and just focus on biz, yea I had freedom but when you take them L, that consistent income would be nice. I had a car wash we started in condo building garages, we got the first contract cuz one of us worked with GM of building after first contract was wayyyy easier.. we built it up and sold that biz..

I always been involved wit real estate and the wins are incredible but finding good deals to rehab and flip can be hard if u don't got marketing budget you funding consistently.. also had tutoring biz that I saw opportunity to start summer stem program at private schools that morphed to after school care.. haters were real mad when we made that play in 2010s.. but covid hit and that program got stopped, had to pivot HARD.. But glad we got that wake up call because AI crushing those buildings now..

Now I'm goin fully into medical field and it's TONS of opportunities in it, brehs need to get in . Still doin real estate but doing bigger deals now wit experience, commercial multi units, new construction builds, etc.

I'm in the construction industry, cushy office job, but my next goal is to get some field experience and run some jobsites. Keeping my eyes open to see what avenues I can take. Flipping houses sounds right up my alley because I like shyt like that.:ehh: