Yellow bone vs Red Bone

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
To me, red's were inbetween yellows and browns. There were light skinned, but more along that tan color, but not dark enough to be brown.

:ehh: I thought they were called red because they were so light that there skin turned red if they stayed outside too long.

YBE

Banned
Daps
:what:

how are they any different?

Paula Patton is a Yellow Bone. Meagan Good is Brown-skinned/Caramel. The other girl is Dark-skinned.

jp.jpg

Melyssa Ford is a Red Bone.

melyssa-ford-megan-good.jpg

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Growin up, Red Bones generally have more brownish, almost red hair. Sometimes its naturally pretty red. A lot of them have freckles too and are generally lighter skinned than most black people, but not super light. Even though we talkin about chicks, them Redhead Kingpin, Delonte West, Tony Terry azz dudes are what I think of as red. I always think of Beyonce or Tisha Campbell.

Yellow bones or yellow hammers are more like my mom's family. Usually got really dark black hair and just light skinded. Aliyah or even Jada. Denise huxtable. Yeah, a lot of these girls have white dads and black mom

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
Who cares? :blink: This is still a discussion in 2012?

I was just recently watching this hair tutorial video on youtube & one of the people in the comments randomly asked "Are you light skin or dark skin?"Seriously?What simple minded curiosity is that question feeding?Do you see white people doing "Porcelain vs. Dark beige.""Are you porcelain skinned or are you dark beige skinned?Black people are a very confused group of people...

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Mixed Girls = Mixed Girls

Yellow/Redbone is a interchangeably term for a bright skinned black women.

For example she is a Yellow/Redbone but not mixed. Alicia Keys would not be considered a Yellow/Redbone because she is just straight up mixed woman.

8978989.jpg

To hell with the thread, i miss babygirl :to:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I always thought of redbones of having ginger characteristics :yeshrug: (reddish hair, freckles, etc)