Yellow bone vs Red Bone

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I've used those terms interchangeably....first time hearing anything bout mixed girls, native americans or anything else like that :laff:.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mixed Girls = Mixed Girls

Yellow/Redbone is a interchangeably term for a bright skinned black women.

For example she is a Yellow/Redbone but not mixed. Alicia Keys would not be considered a Yellow/Redbone because she is just straight up mixed woman.

8978989.jpg

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Mixed Girls = Mixed Girls

Yellow/Redbone is a interchangeably term for a bright skinned black women.

For example she is a Yellow/Redbone but not mixed. Alicia Keys would not be considered a Yellow/Redbone because she is just straight up mixed woman.

8978989.jpg

mixed ain't no exception

She can be a mixed red or mixed yellow bone

Its always been about skin tone here

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
All those chicks are mixed or Ethiopian.

Terrible examples.

:sitdown:

The last chick is Rihanna,

What difference does that make? they're frivolous terms used to describe color hues of people of African descent.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
To me redbone means you got some of that Irish in you like Blake Griffin. A lot of times redbones have fleckles and/or reddish hair. Then you have yellows (halle) and high yellow (paula patton). Some people may also consider paula patton to be redbone. Rashida Jones is a redbone to me.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Did yall just make Lauren London and Trina redbones????? what in tarnation :snoop:... :wow:...

They are BOTH BROWN SKIN.... :wtf:......c'mon yall.

I've never had this conversation, it was just understood that they were interchangeable for a light skin black woman, whether she was mixed with white or not. However, now that we have so many AAs mixed with other races, I'm sure the term is all over the place, but it still would mean a hi yella (very light skin) think Vanessa Williams to Beyonce a redbone.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
To me, red's were inbetween yellows and browns. There were light skinned, but more along that tan color, but not dark enough to be brown.