Yeah Game Freak needs to be put on the summerjam screen for how they handled the latest Pokemon on the switch when Hogwarts Legacy is running on it

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo doesn't have enough say to do that. Gamefreak owns as much of The Pokémon Company as Nintendo and Creatures does. No way a company that makes the games and owns 1/3 of The Pokémon Company is gonna let itself be removed from development.
Damn that’s fukked up a
Damn shame
We see Mario not being complacent in terms of pushing the envelope and Pokemon is fukked
fukk gamefreak

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Gamefreak has been garbage for decades, nintendo fans have no self respect.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet you there are lower-high level/upper-mid level mobile developers who can do better than Game Freak.
Sad.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Gamefreak don’t even need an excuse anymore, they know whatever they drop gonna do 15m. shyt can run at 9fps

Blame the audience at this point. Just like the 2k, Madden, COD audience :yeshrug:
It's going to take another game to provide a suitable replacement

Pokemon has been spawning a lot of clones lately so its plausible, but it'll take time

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's going to take another game to provide a suitable replacement

Pokemon has been spawning a lot of clones lately so its plausible, but it'll take time

Idk why its so hard for another studio to pick up the reigns as far as gameplay goes. Nothing will ever top pokemon in sales, its a cultural phenomena, the characters are too iconic. It will always have a large segment just through the cartoons, card games, toys, movies, books, etc. its like D&D at this point.

But i don’t understand why its so hard to make an open world game where you can run around and catch and fight monsters on the level of say Hogwarts or something. It seems like everyone that attempts to do pokemon sticks to close to the formula

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The rpg mechanics and battle system ain't that damn complex. These hacks make wayy to much money for these excuses.

The Pokémon company is worth nearly $100 billion, they bring in $10 billion a year. They have no excuses.

I’m just explaining it as a business breh. :yeshrug:

There have no reason to improve when they are still breaking sakes records. That little electric rat is more than just games now.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Idk why its so hard for another studio to pick up the reigns as far as gameplay goes. Nothing will ever top pokemon in sales, its a cultural phenomena, the characters are too iconic. It will always have a large segment just through the cartoons, card games, toys, movies, books, etc. its like D&D at this point.

But i don’t understand why its so hard to make an open world game where you can run around and catch and fight monsters on the level of say Hogwarts or something. It seems like everyone that attempts to do pokemon sticks to close to the formula
You mean why clones haven't done it or why gamefreak hasnt? Gamefreak hasn't because they are lazy and they seem more concerned with pokemon multimedia instead of the games.

The clones likely lack the money and know how to pull it off. Also the audience isn't even appreciative of it. I consider colosseum/XD to be the greatest pokemon games ever made and no one agrees with me. Adding a twist to the tried and true formula creates a divide and people are slow to embrace change, so if you are trying to come up as a pokeclone, that's a huge risk/investment with little evidence that it'll pay off.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You mean why clones haven't done it or why gamefreak hasnt? Gamefreak hasn't because they are lazy and they seem more concerned with pokemon multimedia instead of the games.

Gamefreak just isn’t that talented, they made great iterative 2d games but they have been a mess transitioning to 3d. I meant mostly why other developers aren’t really trying to make their own open world monster collecting/battling games

The problem with the clones is it feels like you are just playing knock off pokemon. It’s like growing up watching Go-Bots, its fine for what it is but ain’t no one trying to rep Leader 1 over Optimus prime.

I gauruntee if someone attempted to do something at the scope of hogwarts it would be well received. It doesn’t ahve to be the same style but give us a big map to go out in, a good battle system, mounts, a good storyline, multiplayer, etc. and make the monster designs interesting like Persona, not like knock off pokemon

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I’m just explaining it as a business breh. :yeshrug:

There have no reason to improve when they are still breaking sakes records. That little electric rat is more than just games now.
I understand what you're saying, I just feel like they make too much money to excuse subpar product with not understanding how to develop games.

Imagine Disney making dogshyt low quality movies and blaming it on not understanding how to modern films are produced, while being the most profitable film producer in the industry.

Game freak makes enough money that they shouldn't be having quality issues in their games, but like you said, why improve something that prints money regardless of quality.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Gamefreak just isn’t that talented, they made great iterative 2d games but they have been a mess transitioning to 3d. I meant mostly why other developers aren’t really trying to make their own open world monster collecting/battling games

The problem with the clones is it feels like you are just playing knock off pokemon. It’s like growing up watching Go-Bots, its fine for what it is but ain’t no one trying to rep Leader 1 over Optimus prime.

I gauruntee if someone attempted to do something at the scope of hogwarts it would be well received. It doesn’t ahve to be the same style but give us a big map to go out in, a good battle system, mounts, a good storyline, multiplayer, etc. and make the monster designs interesting like Persona, not like knock off pokemon
The clones likely lack the money and know how to pull it off. Also the audience isn't even appreciative of it. I consider colosseum/XD to be the greatest pokemon games ever made and no one agrees with me. Adding a twist to the tried and true formula creates a divide and people are slow to embrace change, so if you are trying to come up as a pokeclone, that's a huge risk/investment with little evidence that it'll pay off.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GameFreak been trash since Red/Blue/Yellow.

Gold/Silver almost didn’t make it out until Satoru Iwata came through and fixed the game at the last minute.

GameFreak is like an incompetent doofus that got ahold of a Green Lantern ring.