Yall Think Artists Still Get Paid For Features?

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
To be honest, I'd rather have an artist tweet that he c/s's me with a link to my video or somethin.

Drop like $10k for Wiz Khalifa to do some bullsh1t tweet like, "FIRE youtube.com/whatever" -- instantly gonna get you thousands upon thousands of views and from somebody like Wiz, you're gonna get downloads. Probably like 400 RTs and 200 favorites too.

These rappers tweet all day, might as well make a hustle out of it.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
I remember a few years ago on myspace :rip: Royce put up a message he would do a feature for a grand. I wonder how much guap he made off of it.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Just throwing this out there, that nikka Game has a record with damn near every artist or producer who is worthy of working with, not just on his albums, but his non-label-budgeted mixtapes too. And according to the Coli (and every other internet site), Game is broke and is a mediocre rapper..but yet he still manages to get verses from your favorite rapper and beats from heavyweights in the game. According to yall, it definitely can't be because he can pay for the features since he's broke, right? And it aint like nikkas want to work with him because he's a good rapper, right? So by your logic, the only thing remaining is respect....but let me guess, Game doesn't get respect from artists either huh? smh

:ooh:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
To be honest, I'd rather have an artist tweet that he c/s's me with a link to my video or somethin.

Drop like $10k for Wiz Khalifa to do some bullsh1t tweet like, "FIRE youtube.com/whatever" -- instantly gonna get you thousands upon thousands of views and from somebody like Wiz, you're gonna get downloads. Probably like 400 RTs and 200 favorites too.

These rappers tweet all day, might as well make a hustle out of it.

Ehh this would probably only work with the first couple songs then nikkas going get tired of getting spammed too unless the amount is so high that not too many people would afford it. A combo of both a feature and twitter shouout may be best tho

YBE

Banned
Daps
Just throwing this out there, that nikka Game has a record with damn near every artist or producer who is worthy of working with, not just on his albums, but his non-label-budgeted mixtapes too. And according to the Coli (and every other internet site), Game is broke and is a mediocre rapper..but yet he still manages to get verses from your favorite rapper and beats from heavyweights in the game. According to yall, it definitely can't be because he can pay for the features since he's broke, right? And it aint like nikkas want to work with him because he's a good rapper, right? So by your logic, the only thing remaining is respect....but let me guess, Game doesn't get respect from artists either huh? smh

Jayceon? 26 posts. Randomly brings up The Game. We know thats you bruh :youngsabo:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oh word... for a fact huh? :stopitslime:

Lotta industry insiders on the Coli, I see...

One of my boys was in the studio with this cat Sosh Bacardi up in Queens.

Busta heard them in the studio. Came and laid a verse down.

Nobody asked him to do that, but obviously you arent gonna say no to a legend.

If Flava Flav had the work ethic and the frequent flyer miles he could do the same thing.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think its for a favor for a favor now, like I'll jump on your shyt and you jump on mine (pause).

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Chris Brown paid Busta to be on a song that went #5 in the country... so yeah... Busta still gets paid to be featured...

Most artists still do... even wackass Bow Wow...