Yall Think Artists Still Get Paid For Features?

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
Some artists get forced to put some artists on their songs by label heads or producers because they may want that exposure for a fee of course. They also trade features for their albums that are coming out. It's like Busta gets handed a master list of industry studio schedules and Debo's for them features.

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
So he comes into the studio and DEMANDS that he record a verse for the song... records it... and leaves...

...and it gets kept on the song... and mixed... and mastered... and sent to the label... and promoted...

...because Busta Rhymes said so?

And this happens like 20 times a year?

:duck:

We need that Willy Wonka "please tell me more" smilie on here, STAT.

Busta is friends wit damn near everybody in the industry of course theses artist aint gonna tell him no. What benefit would people have for puttin Busta on a song?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Busta is friends wit damn near everybody in the industry of course theses artist aint gonna tell him no. What benefit would people have for puttin Busta on a song?

I don't know what the "benefit" is, but maybe they actually like and respect him as an MC and thus decided to have him on a song? And if they're friends with him, that probably also helps that decision to be made?

I know EVERY collab doesn't happen like that, and of course a lot of collabs are strictly business... but I doubt that artists and labels are just reluctantly letting him be on songs for no reason other than because he asked/demanded to be.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just throwing this out there, that nikka Game has a record with damn near every artist or producer who is worthy of working with, not just on his albums, but his non-label-budgeted mixtapes too. And according to the Coli (and every other internet site), Game is broke and is a mediocre rapper..but yet he still manages to get verses from your favorite rapper and beats from heavyweights in the game. According to yall, it definitely can't be because he can pay for the features since he's broke, right? And it aint like nikkas want to work with him because he's a good rapper, right? So by your logic, the only thing remaining is respect....but let me guess, Game doesn't get respect from artists either huh? smh

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember jada boasted about writing s hook for your album?

:wtf:

Can't even write a good hook for his own album

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Some artists get forced to put some artists on their songs by label heads or producers because they may want that exposure for a fee of course. They also trade features for their albums that are coming out. It's like Busta gets handed a master list of industry studio schedules and Debo's for them features.

:yes: that explains wac miller and gaysap rocky poppin up on all these features lately :scusthov:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Just throwing this out there, that nikka Game has a record with damn near every artist or producer who is worthy of working with, not just on his albums, but his non-label-budgeted mixtapes too. And according to the Coli (and every other internet site), Game is broke and is a mediocre rapper..but yet he still manages to get verses from your favorite rapper and beats from heavyweights in the game. According to yall, it definitely can't be because he can pay for the features since he's broke, right? And it aint like nikkas want to work with him because he's a good rapper, right? So by your logic, the only thing remaining is respect....but let me guess, Game doesn't get respect from artists either huh? smh
He a bytch doe:lolbron:

Dump Gawd

Im Exactly What You Think
Daps
Reppin
The 6ix
right now lately artist do alot of favors for each other

since the climate of sales is at an all time low

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So he comes into the studio and DEMANDS that he record a verse for the song... records it... and leaves...

...and it gets kept on the song... and mixed... and mastered... and sent to the label... and promoted...

...because Busta Rhymes said so?

And this happens like 20 times a year?

:duck:

We need that Willy Wonka "please tell me more" smilie on here, STAT.

I know for a fact that he does this.