Yall Think Artists Still Get Paid For Features?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Not Big Names like Jay, Ye, Em, Wayne, or Drake. But like a Busta Rhymes, Bow wow, chamillionaire or Pusha T? I cant see nobody paying for a Pusha T verse unless it was in the form of a sandwich or something

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Did you put Chamillionaire and Bow Wow in the same category as Busta Rhymes?

:what:

The more sought-after you are as a guest artist, you get paid more. I don't think anyone sees any value in a Bow Wow verse in 2012... I'm sure nobody's paying him what they'd pay Busta.

Everybody gets paid SOMETHING. How much and who's paying is another story.

Silkk

Daps
Busta Rhymes is a scrub in 2012 breh

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Busta Rhymes is a scrub in 2012 breh

In your opinion, perhaps.

He might not even sell much with this next album.

But him bein' a scrub to you doesn't translate to the 20-something songs he was featured on last year.

If nothing else, he's been sought-after as a guest artist for as long as he's been around. Therefore, he's LIKELY getting paid more for appearances than Bow Wow would.

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Did you put Chamillionaire and Bow Wow in the same category as Busta Rhymes?

:what:

The more sought-after you are as a guest artist, you get paid more. I don't think anyone sees any value in a Bow Wow verse in 2012... I'm sure nobody's paying him what they'd pay Busta.

Everybody gets paid SOMETHING. How much and who's paying is another story.

You actually think people want Busta on they songs? Dude forces hisself on records

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Some people still get paid, some do them in exchange for a verse or hook on their album, sometimes they get 'gifts' in exchange. It really depends on the relationship. When you see some lesser known people getting big name features you can guarantee that they paid for it. Im pretty sure Redman doesn't charge Method Man for a guest on his album.

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Yea. But not that 100k + that they be hollerin' out. Labels ain't giving budgets out like that anymore. At the most, they probably seeing show money for features (10-30K or somewhere around there).

If you not Wayne, Drake, Nicki, Ye, Jay or whatever, the price of that thang can't be too high.

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Oh yeah I forgot... cause you're in the studio when these things happen. My fault, you got that.

I guess u ain't see the Ashanti video where she basically said that Busta forced his way on her song. I'm pretty sure that happens wit most of his features

Silkk

Daps
Some people still get paid, some do them in exchange for a verse or hook on their album, sometimes they get 'gifts' in exchange. It really depends on the relationship. When you see some lesser known people getting big name features you can guarantee that they paid for it. Im pretty sure Redman doesn't charge Method Man for a guest on his album.

:dwillhuh:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I guess u ain't see the Ashanti video where she basically said that Busta forced his way on her song. I'm pretty sure that happens wit most of his features

So he comes into the studio and DEMANDS that he record a verse for the song... records it... and leaves...

...and it gets kept on the song... and mixed... and mastered... and sent to the label... and promoted...

...because Busta Rhymes said so?

And this happens like 20 times a year?

:duck:

We need that Willy Wonka "please tell me more" smilie on here, STAT.