Yall ready to admit you were wrong about the Panthers/Bryce situation or nah

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Comparing a 36yo to a 23yo is goofy. Panthers didn't develop Dalton, and the fact that their game plan worked for a 6'2" vet with 164 career starts and 3 pro bowls doesn't mean it will work for a 5'10" virtual rookie.

Personally, I don't think Bryce Young was ever a top-level NFL prospect like that. But no quarterback should be judged on what they do thrown into the fire too young on a shytty team, and whatever a vet like Dalton happens to do in the same situation is irrelevant. If Trey Lance or Zach Wilson had been the backup succeeding in the same situation, then that would be a different story.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They was slinging the rock like shyt in that game, it highlights part of the problem, they don’t have a good run game

Rex Ryan said it best, they need a legit defense and run game so it can properly develop a young QB

Andy Dalton throwing the ball 40+ times not an efficient game plan, they able to do it cuz he a vet and they just played one of the worst teams in the league

If I’m wrong I’ll come back and stamp it but I ain’t bout to be prisoner of the moment, I’d be surprised if they win 4 more games wit Dalton at QB

1- Hubbard —-a JAG—-had 21/114 yesterday. He actually averaged even more ypc last week before they had to abandon the run. 10/64

2- They had a top 5 rated o-line thru 2 weeks, despite Bryce being terrible

3- ‘he needs a good defense and a run game’ what’s next he need prime Megatron? :mjtf:Those are cliches. Crutches. A QB needs those things to win games, but he doesn’t need that to show us he’s any good. If Bryce was good on a bad team we’d know: this ain’t that. Justin Herbert could say he lacked a run game and defense. Not Bryce. And I hatw to use the ‘but CJ’ card but, CJ Stroud did all that last year with Dameon Pierce averaging 2.9 yards per carry for half the year

4- The Raiders are not one of worst teams league and they’re not even close. They JUST beat Bmore and actually they had the #1 scoring defense under Pierce the last 8 weeks of 2023.

Yall proving my point. The majority of this discourse is based on emotion not facts. Cats throwing all the QB excuse tropes at the wall. The run game, the defense, the schedule…:snoop:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Get this c00n shyt outta here. Bryce isn’t dalton, and it’s clear daltons experience and leadership has come through and has the team believing. We can give him his credit. But this ol “theyre coddling black QBs” bullshyt is a fairytale. :mjlol:
Damn str8

This team had Jimmy Clasuen for 3 years. :russ:
and the clowns on their team forums always had hope for that dude
same clowns got mad when Cam got drafted

Bryce was a rookie starting on a bad team with a new coach new system
never had a chance to sit and learn like the rookies are suppose to in that position
He clearly needed to sit and learn but he is the one being coddled after just 1 full season and 2 games under his belt (if you let certain people spin it)

dude went through 2 different coaches already
kid hasn't even got a chance to learn :stopitslime:

Now I hope the young man can learn under Dalton and shine when his number is called again.

I'm going to point at the elephant in the room

just like cacs want all their players that share the same race as them to be successful because well all know they do.
giving them the benefit of the doubt because :mjpls:

shyt then I want all the brehs to be successful specially as QB.

Last edited:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
1- Hubbard —-a JAG—-had 21/114 yesterday. He actually averaged even more ypc last week before they had to abandon the run. 10/64

2- They had a top 5 rated o-line thru 2 weeks, despite Bryce being terrible

3- ‘he needs a good defense and a run game’ what’s next he need prime Megatron? :mjtf:Those are cliches. Crutches. A QB needs those things to win games, but he doesn’t need that to show us he’s any good. If Bryce was good on a bad team we’d know: this ain’t that. Justin Herbert could say he lacked a run game and defense. Not Bryce. And I hatw to use the ‘but CJ’ card but, CJ Stroud did all that last year with Dameon Pierce averaging 2.9 yards per carry for half the year

4- The Raiders are not one of worst teams league and they’re not even close. They JUST beat Bmore and actually they had the #1 scoring defense under Pierce the last 8 weeks of 2023.

Yall proving my point. The majority of this discourse is based on emotion not facts. Cats throwing all the QB excuse tropes at the wall. The run game, the defense, the schedule…:snoop:
I just looked it up, that game u mentioned breh had 60 pass attempts, this past one he just had 40

Only young QB to ever have success throwing the ball that much was Mahomes who is lookin like the GOAT QB

Panthers aren’t gonna win long term with Dalton doing this and I think y’all letting one game make u a prisoner of the moment; again I’ll be willing to admit I’m wrong if they win 5 games wit him at QB

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Raiders one of the worst defensive teams in the league lol

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Nah it’s not, QBs rarely succeed in poorly ran organizations. Fields has his team at 3-0 and so does Darnold

Jets and Bears had half the league believing u couldn’t win with them, Urb was running a clown show and Trev looked just as bad as Bryce did

The organization plays a part, why u think the Manning family be flat out refusing to go to some teams?

Yes it is. Fields looked better in Chicago than Bryce does for the Panthers. Dude ran for 1000 yards in a season and had a positive TD:INT ratio. Was at least a threat to make plays.

And how can you both say Fields is succeeding because he went to a good org, then claim that he's the one that has the team at 3-0? They haven't scored above 20 points this year (watch me jinx myself ahead of this weekend).

And I'm not saying the situation doesn't matter at all, but you can't put all of Young's issues on the Panthers. I don't think there's any team he'd succeed on right now.

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Get this c00n shyt outta here. Bryce isn’t dalton, and it’s clear daltons experience and leadership has come through and has the team believing. We can give him his credit. But this ol “theyre coddling black QBs” bullshyt is a fairytale. :mjlol:
I can’t see how black qbs is coddled when they got the shortest leash in the league, like where is this narrative coming from

One of the most respected white names in the league literally said Lamar needs to switch to wr before the draft, people talked bad about Malik Willis, Jordan love, Kyler Murray, Justin fields was picked after Zach Wilson like he wasn’t the better college qb, people talked bad about jameis Winston and gave up on him when he better than most of the qbs in the league, as soon as Russell fell out his prime people had nothing but bad shyt to say about him like he ain’t carried a terrible Seahawks rosters for several years, same thing with cam when he got the same injury that made Andrew luck retire

And now you got folks talking about Matthew stafford should go to the hall of fame, trying to speak into existence an mvp for Josh Allen, and act like Joe burrow Justin Herbert and Trevor Lawrence is generational qbs cause they like the way they throw the ball

And these the same white qbs that came into the league with weapons

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
It's a whole lot easier to hide being a bad team when you have a bad QB.....them boys knew they had to perform otherwise it would be obvious that they were also apart of the problem.

Carolina historically has not been a place where FA's desire to go, the FA's they do sign are dudes who couldn't get jobs elsewhere, can't retain talent, and even disregarding the two SB runs... a bunch of dudes carried by a couple elite talents.... and even today that's still the case.

To add to that, the Raiders thought they were in for an easy W after winning in Baltimore.... AP making that "business decisions" comment definitely describes a few players in that secondary.

Not to say it was a perfect storm, but you couldn't ask for a better scenario.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Dalton is mid at best. Panthers were happy to have Bryce benched and based on Pierce's presser, it seems like the Raiders got caught sleeping.

That said, the "it's the org! not him" excuses were always overblown.
Cause he thought they’d get Bryce so they could live off interceptions, short fields, and punts all day from Carolina. He should’ve been more prepared. :yeshrug: Chad is supposed to be a pro analyst but he somehow knew less that any random Carolina fan knew. Bryce got outperformed by a 36 year old. He got to eat that.. hopefully he’ll get a chance sometime. Now ain’t the time though.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I just looked it up, that game u mentioned breh had 60 pass attempts, this past one he just had 40

Only young QB to ever have success throwing the ball that much was Mahomes who is lookin like the GOAT QB

Panthers aren’t gonna win long term with Dalton doing this and I think y’all letting one game make u a prisoner of the moment; again I’ll be willing to admit I’m wrong if they win 5 games wit him at QB

Cmon bruh :comeon:

Andy Dalton looking good as a QB = / = the Panthers winning your arbitrary five games. It’s a nice goalpost move in the event he lights it up but they don’t win. :beli: A QB can be competent but not win games. Ie Justin Herbert last year

Again, for Bryce the bar is that low. We wasn’t asking him to take them to the playoffs or even have a winning record. Can he be competent. And the answer was no. We are smart enough—-well, I am——to know if a QB is good on a bad team, if a bad QB is on a good team, etc.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The irony of this conversarion and all these excuses while Jayden Daniels is lighting shyt up in his first nationally televised game :mjlol:

Bc of course the commanders are a blueprint for organizational structure :snoop:

If the Panthers are to blame for Bryce young’s failure then the commanders are the reason for Jayden Daniels success.

:umad: fukk outta here