Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
My job implemented Bing Chat (now Copilot) on all our computers. It has been really helpful for looking up guidance and writing up stuff for me quickly.

snippet:

New Work Trend Index data shows that already, Copilot makes people more productive and creative, and saves time—77 percent of people who have used copilot said they don’t want to give it up, 70 percent said copilot makes them more productive, and 68 percent said it improved the quality of their work. In experiments that we ran, users were 29 percent faster overall across a series of tasks and caught up on missed meetings nearly four times faster. It’s clear from the data: the age of copilots is here.

yeah I can believe that.:wow:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

snippet:

yeah I can believe that.:wow:

Yep, I agree with that snippet completely. I've been using it for two weeks and I do not want to go without it going forward. Just yesterday I had it write up a narrative from the notes I had taken from a client meeting earlier. Wrote up a damn good summary, just needed a little tweaking and my memo was finished in minutes. :whoo:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
why not? i haven't paid for it either but thats because I use bing chat/copilot, google bard and other LLM's.
I think it's cool technology. It's the beginning of Star Trek's "computer" intelligence.

But I have no real reason to use it. I'm a government accountant. My work is kind of straightforward.

I think people are using this to build websites and maybe apps and stuff but I don't have a mind for that anymore.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Yep, I agree with that snippet completely. I've been using it for two weeks and I do not want to go without it going forward. Just yesterday I had it write up a narrative from the notes I had taken from a client meeting earlier. Wrote up a damn good summary, just needed a little tweaking and my memo was finished in minutes. :whoo:

microsoft is gonna convert a lot of those enterprise users to family plan users soon enough.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I think it's cool technology. It's the beginning of Star Trek's "computer" intelligence.

But I have no real reason to use it. I'm a government accountant. My work is kind of straightforward.

I think people are using this to build websites and maybe apps and stuff but I don't have a mind for that anymore.

it's not only about writing code. people use it to help find solutions to all kinds of things and to bounce ideas off of it. summarization and getting it to explain things to you in a myriad of ways. people are using it to learn languages by chatting or speaking to it in different languages and getting feedback on their grammar. the number of ways you can communicate with someone with excessive knowledge is how people are choosing to communicate with chatgpt/co-pilot. doctors using it as an aid on how to deliver bad news, etc. the amount of use cases is damn near incalculable in it's current state.

protip: look up how other people use it and see if it inspires you to do something similar.

edit:
people use it for therapy and personal advice too.
lots of online communities and sites have sprouted up because of people using AI for text-adventure/role-play games, some of the NSFW too.

Last edited: