Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Just tried this and it's dope. I see it more as a tool than a replacement for programmers and developers.

Plus, it doesn't work all of the time but that's probably due to the server load as I'm sure everybody and they momma is on this thing.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah this shyt is crazy. You could literally create an entire software business just writing texts to the software telling it what to do

First it was artists screwed, than graphic designers, writers, now programmers.

It's over. :damn:
It's a little different because when a bug starts wrecking a company for $10k per second (a real number) caused by the AI that nobody knows how to fix it and the AI don't understand what you're trying to fix either, that's going to be tough. You can essentially bankrupt a company overnight with a bad issue(s) because somebody out there copying and pasting things while not understanding what they're doing.

Ideally you need at least a few professionals monitoring it and understanding what the code is doing. It's fine if somebody like the person who tweeted that is generating code because he understand plenty of context behind it, knows what he's asking, knows the code is printing out, etc.

In contrast you can't have novices overseeing a codebase that's a few million lines long of all computer generated code because if something happens :wow:

Had this bug at a well known company on a well-known product pretty much lose a big chunk of customers due to a software issue. None of the automated tests caught it because the logic was fine and from the computer's point of view it was working as expected. Customers didn't care - they got pissed and left costing them potentially millions and a decade+ worth of customers.

In software there's a notorious concept known as "side-effects" and that's one area where the limitation for an AI running and doing everything resides. Software is too tricky like that to leave all up to automation because there are too many real-world consequences unlike art generation.

Too much money (and liability) on the line compared to other fields to let it run without human/expert supervision. It may reduce the need for some engineers doing very menial, low-risk work, but definitely ain't replacing anybody who knows their stuff.

It's still really no replacement for people who know what they're doing. In fact, it makes people who really know what they're doing exponentially more effective. It's basically a multiplier for a professional.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many bots have we had convos with and not even known over the years?
How many bots made you nut?
How many bots did you send dikk picks to?
How many bots told you what you wanted to hear?

:banderas:

Whole game about to be fukked up.
how many bots have negged me?
full

Daps
Just tried this and it's dope. I see it more as a tool than a replacement for programmers and developers.

Plus, it doesn't work all of the time but that's probably due to the server load as I'm sure everybody and they momma is on this thing.

Artist are making this same mistake with midjourney and dalle, calling it a tool instead of a replacement. Within a few years there will be tons of replacement due to these tools.