Y'all ever mess with Virtua Figher or Dead or Alive?

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Please name for me a well-received fighting game where the bold is not true.
Almost all of the well receieved fighters have casual friendly shyt. Of course they often hit a wall once they face actually skilled folks, but theres enough mechanics to get them interested. Like say, someone who has never played Tekken can mash out a win sometimes against someone who has some experience at it. Not highly skilled, experienced. This is not happening in VF, the gameplay doesnt hold hands in any way nor are there any braindead tactics. Plus as I said, its the most balanced so youre not gonna see a bunch of folks flooding to certain characters due tier list bullshyt.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
VF was cool, but.....
I enjoyed playing DOA more. Loved the whole use of backgrounds and knocking nikkas thru random shyt.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
VF is one of my favorite series, though like someone else mentioned it has the steepest learning curve of any fighting game I've ever played. I played a little bit of DOA5 but it just felt like a watered down version of Tekken.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I played a little DOA, don't recall playing virtua fighter but all the gamer mags back in the day lauded it for it's technicality, basically it was the owen hart of fighting games. Only thing I remember playing that's close in my mind is Battle Arena Toshinden

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
I played a little DOA, don't recall playing virtua fighter but all the gamer mags back in the day lauded it for it's technicality, basically it was the owen hart of fighting games. Only thing I remember playing that's close in my mind is Battle Arena Toshinden
1 and 2 were trash.
3 was great tho. You could even play as :mj:

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
The drunk grandpa on Virtua Fighter is one of my favorite fighting characters of all time :ehh: