Ya'll ever buy a game for two different platforms cause you like them?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hell yeah…considering doing it with cyberpunk…I wanna get it for PS5…but most recently I’ve done it with RDR2, sifu, 2k23 and deathloop…and that’s between PS5 and xbox…I had a shyt ton of xbox indie games that I rebought for the switch and steam deck as well…high key a waste of money even tho I do play the games again when I get them on other platforms

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, that's just stupid and waste $$$ when you already have a game. Why buy another same game, that's just stupid.

:mjcry:

my “justification” for it is when I game sometimes I try to just stick to one platform at a time…so if I’m gaming heavily on the PS5 at the time or xbox or switch and I get an urge to replay a game then I’ll buy it on the platform I’m gaming on…case in point, I was gaming heavily on the PS5 the last few months but I jumped on xbox to play starfield…I do want to replay cyberpunk (which I own on xbox) and the new DLC but I really want to jump back to gaming on the PS5 after I’m done with starfield…first world problems…but yeah ngl ultimately it’s a waste of money tho…what I’ve been doing tho the last few months is going back to making playstation my primary console and using the xbox and switch for exclusives…last gen I did it the other way around with xbox being my main console and PS4/switch being used for exclusives…gaming is my achilles heel when it comes to overspending tho…fukk it

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjcry:

my “justification” for it is when I game sometimes I try to just stick to one platform at a time…so if I’m gaming heavily on the PS5 at the time or xbox or switch and I get an urge to replay a game then I’ll buy it on the platform I’m gaming on…case in point, I was gaming heavily on the PS5 the last few months but I jumped on xbox to play starfield…I do want to replay cyberpunk and the new DLC (which I own on xbox) but I really want to jump back to gaming on the PS5 after I’m done with starfield…first world problems…but yeah ngl ultimately it’s a waste of money tho…what I’ve been doing tho the last few months is going back to making playstation my primary console and using the xbox and switch for exclusives…last gen I did it the other way around with xbox being my main console and PS4/switch being used for exclusives

That's your money to waste, who am I to tell you. Do what you want with your money. To me, why would I waste my $$$ to buy the same game when I already have it cause I'd rather use my $$$ to buy a different game, not the same game.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ultimately idc…just putting it out there for discussion

I can understand to play with a different set of friends. Sometimes I can't comprehend paying $70USD for a game once, nevermind actually paying twice for the same game. :huhldup: Hey people like burning money :manny:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
GTAV - PS3 PS4 PS5 Steam :damn:
Skyrim - PS3 PS4 PSVR Switch Steam :damn:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GTAV - PS3 PS4 PS5 Steam :damn:

that’s probably where it started for me…bought it for PS3 twice (physical copies)…bought it for PS4 and XB1 to run with my crew that was on both platforms…and I paid for the PS5 upgrade to play the campaign which I never finished previously

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Bought SFIV on PS3, moved to 360 around the time of Super (still copped Super on PS3), upgraded both to Arcade Edition even though 99% of playtime was on 360. Eventually copped it on steam and ended up playing the final year on PC.

Bought SFV on PS4 and PC but played 99% on PC.

Haven't copped SF6 on PC yet but will more all game time to PC once I build my new system.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City. Xbox 360 and PS4. If WB release Origins again I'll cop that.

Scott pilgrim Vs the world
I own multiple copies of some switch games as I have a docked switch and a travel switch
I own that game on the 360 and PS4. Although it was out of necessity. My 360 version was delisted so I couldn't download it back to the Xbox One.

All hail the digital future.

:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City. Xbox 360 and PS4. If WB release Origins again I'll cop that.

I own that game on the 360 and PS4. Although it was out of necessity. My 360 version was delisted so I couldn't download it back to the Xbox One.

All hail the digital future.

:blessed:

I've still got my harddrive for the 360 with it on and I've got two physical copies on the switch.

Love that franchise and game