Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Do you have to play other yakuza games to play this?

I know sony gave away 1 of them on ps plus but I never really touch my ps3 these days.(even though I need to,so many games in the backlog)

Ive been looking to jump into this series was considering doing this one

The return of japanese games in the west this gen has been by far my favorite aspect of this gen

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Do you have to play other yakuza games to play this?

I know sony gave away 1 of them on ps plus but I never really touch my ps3 these days.(even though I need to,so many games in the backlog)

Ive been looking to jump into this series was considering doing this one

The return of japanese games in the west this gen has been by far my favorite aspect of this gen
It would be best to get the full impact of the story.
I played them out of order and didn't fell completely lost.
Its a fun game. Check it out when you have a chance

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yakuza 0
Latest Look At Yakuza 0 Shows Goro Majima's Dramatic Rise

yakuza1025_2D00_610.jpg

Sega has released a new trailer for Yakuza 0, which shows how the series' Goro Majima loses an eye and gains his reputation as the Shimano family's so-called Mad Dog.

The clip shows Majima at the Grand Cabaret, where he is tasked with clearing his disgraced name while earning money for the Tojo Clan. As it turns out, Majima is pretty good at keeping the cash flowing into the nightclub. That goes against the spirit of the job, which is meant as punishment, so his boss decides to raise the stakes.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
would you say it's a faster paced shenmue??
Ehhhh. There's more to do. I wouldn't say it's necessarily faster paced. I'm not 100% sure if you mean story wise, or combat. But it plays very similar. I'll put it this way, if you liked Shenmue at all picking up any of the Yakuza games is a no brainer.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Yakuza 0

yakuza1025_2D00_610.jpg

Sega has released a new trailer for Yakuza 0, which shows how the series' Goro Majima loses an eye and gains his reputation as the Shimano family's so-called Mad Dog.

The clip shows Majima at the Grand Cabaret, where he is tasked with clearing his disgraced name while earning money for the Tojo Clan. As it turns out, Majima is pretty good at keeping the cash flowing into the nightclub. That goes against the spirit of the job, which is meant as punishment, so his boss decides to raise the stakes.
For those who are interested. Alot of Majima's backstory is brought up in Yakuza 4. this one is a continuation off of that technically

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm hoping the hostess side quests are on point in this one. Remember playing through those on Yakuza 4 :wow:

Being real, I did actually finish that tedium. It was the gambling the kept me from 100% completion. I hate pretty much anything luck based being in a video game.