Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland

I Can't be The Only One Who Wants Yakuza Zero in English So Badly

zemflczjhljpq8aw6qkk.png

While there's no word on a western release for the upcoming Yakuza 0, the latest trailer was just too awesome not to share. With English subtitles no less.
The games of the Yakuza series have always been very cinematic, making for some pretty great trailers that give you a very meaty taste of the stories within. The latest released trailer for the game doesn't really offer more details on the plot than the last one did, but it's on par in terms of drama, atmosphere, and some pretty fantastic visuals. Check it out below with subtitles added by yours truly.

Yakuza 0: The Place of Promise is scheduled for release on the PS3 and PS4 in Japan on March 12th along with some snazzy custom PS4s. No word on an international release. Yet.

For those of you that were saying you really want a next gen Shenmue, this is the game you need to check for. You can dap and rep me later.

Update 1/27/15

Yakuza-0-Kiryu-Chapter-One.jpg

This week’s Yakuza 0 gameplay walkthrough starts the game from the beginning, showcasing the first chapter of Kazuma Kiryu’s story.
Kiryu, of course, is one of two playable characters in Yakuza 0. Next week, we’ll likely get a similar video for Majima Goro.

[UPDATED 2/24/15]
Yakuza 0 demo now available to all in Japan

PlayStation Plus subscription needed no longer.
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Y0-Demo-Now-JP-All.jpg
Y0-Demo-Now-JP-All.jpg

The Yakuza 0 demo launched for PlayStation Plus subscribers last week in Japan is now available to all users.
Queue up the demos here: PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
The demo will let you play up until the middle of the game’s first chapter. In terms of length, it runs about an hour-and-a-half to two hours. The story begins with a certain murder and follows Kazuma Kiryu as he is engulfed in a power struggle in the underworld of Kamurocho, 1988.

i have put 100 hours into this game and outside of the underground MK tourney Goro goes to, the main story is fairly realistic in terms of characters. I legit didint really dislike anyone but Sohei Dojima. Your enemies had heart, and a desire for power. everyone basically acted how they supposed to, none of the shyt was really personal outside of normal glory seeking shyt. real talk i loved my nikka Kuze with the glasses, dude might have taken several beatings but that nikka was a G, Awano was a lame to me, but against, stood tall like a man, Shibusawa was that quiet Marlo nikka in the cut. really enjoyed this, also the first game i ever played to examine sex work, trans women and being an immigrant,seeing as how its the underworld it makes sens alot of the people in this game are chinese. really loved this

i also loved how much respect nikkas had for each other, everyone knew what they were dealing with and the life they were living

one quote that stuck out was when the OG said something like "Dojima is what happens when small men acquire power beyond the influence and intelligence and seek to wield irresonsibily like most insecure small men" shyt was a great convo

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I finally got back on this game currently on chapter 7. Really enjoying it so far even though I too space out sometimes lol reading all the subtitles.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My first experience with the Yakuza series was Like a Dragon but I'm on Chapter 11 in this now:wow:

Kiryu's storyline is cool but Majima's is too damn good:banderas: I love the writing and dialogue in this

That Miracle Johnson & Steven Spinning quest was pure jokes:lolbron:

Do I really need to worry about the Real estate and Cabaret sims though?:patrice: I'm at least halfway finished and not really strapped for cash

I got lowkey addicted to the business sim in Like a Dragon but these ones aint striking the same chord with me:ld:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My first experience with the Yakuza series was Like a Dragon but I'm on Chapter 11 in this now:wow:

Kiryu's storyline is cool but Majima's is too damn good:banderas: I love the writing and dialogue in this

Do I really need to worry about the Real estate and Cabaret sims though?:patrice: I'm at least halfway finished and not really strapped for cash

I got lowkey addicted to the business sim in Like a Dragon but these ones aint striking the same chord with me:ld:

I suggest you play this game too

item_2686361_580.jpg

Too :wow:

They got upgrade next gen Judgement for PS5

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Zero absolutely spoiled me, it's the best of the series and playing the games I'm order sadly none surpass it or so I hear I haven't finished them all. Which makes sense since it was basically made last or second to last.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Zero absolutely spoiled me, it's the best of the series and playing the games I'm order sadly none surpass it or so I hear I haven't finished them all. Which makes sense since it was basically made last or second to last.
After playing 5 and the ridiculous story that the game had they needed something like 0 before 6 because idk how this franchise would be without it rn :dead:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just beat this tonight. I’ve only played Like a Dragon and this but Majima already going down as one of my favorite video game characters :wow:

dunno if I’ll get around to playing 1-6 since they’re kinda dated at this point, but I’ll probably pickup Judgement at some point and will playing all the future RPG Yakuzas day one:ehh: