Yahya Abdul-Mateen II: You Have to ‘Get Over Yourself’ to Star in ‘Clown Work’ Like ‘Aquaman’

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
he isnt good enough to be talking like that, but i hope his career doesnt take a hit. everybody slips ups eventually, LOL.

Lowkey - he actually is. :ehh:

And it's not like he's talking about all comic book roles. Son won an Emmy as Cal/Dr. Manhattan in the Watchmen series, and he played the shyt out of that :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
He's a good actor, but you have to be careful if they view you as ungrateful. I don't think he gets blacklisted but you have to be careful because look what happened to Ray Fisher when he stepped on WB's toes. I don't disagree with what he's saying, but I don't think it's something you say out loud.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Aquaman was ass and his character came off corny as shyt lol

That was the first role I seen him in and he reminded me of a rip off Michael jai white as Black Manta. I liked him in candyman but he was limited due to the script.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
If you can't equate an underwater villain with a big ass helmet twice the size of his head with a clown then you're having your own issues.

All superheroes are people dressed up in crazy outfits trying to entertain. Ain't nothing cerebral or noble about it.

And thats FINE. Sometimes you want clowns and sometimes you want to read a textbook.

Last edited:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Breh is feeling himself a little too much now. He isn’t the level of actor that can say this yet. He acknowledged that he needed the clown work movies but at the same time wants to disparage them with that term? Not the move. He’s still the one who needs the movie more than the movie needing him.