Yahya Abdul-Mateen II: You Have to ‘Get Over Yourself’ to Star in ‘Clown Work’ Like ‘Aquaman’

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
The “Matrix Resurrections” actor and “Aquaman” star told Vulture that he balances being in a DC film by working with filmmakers like Aaron Sorkin for Oscar-nominated “The Trial of the Chicago 7” and acting on Broadway in an upcoming rendition of “Topdog/Underdog.”

“Everything should be about getting to the truth. But sometimes you got to know which movie or genre you’re in,” Abdul-Mateen explained. “Something like ‘Aquaman,’ that’s clown work. ‘Aquaman’ is not ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7.’ You have got to get over yourself.”

Abdul-Mateen, who plays Manta in the upcoming “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom,” continued, “In order to survive and to do it well, you have to play that game and then be crafty about when you want to surprise the audience, the director, or yourself with a little bit of ‘Wow, I didn’t expect to see a Chekhovian thing or August Wilson and Aquaman, but I did.'”

My guy trying to score the lone brotha in the next Scorsese flick :wow:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Welch, so much for being casted as blue marvel, torpedo your career Nawlins brehs.

Edit: Looks like it was a bad quote

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No idea who this dude is

his most notable role for me was on watchmen…I know he was mantis in aquaman…he was in the new matrix but I haven’t watched it due to the poor reviews…but aside from watchmen which was another superhero joint, he doesn’t have any standout performances I’m aware of/heard of

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
He about to get blackballed :snoop:

He aint established enough nor does he have a director who picks him for their projects first to be coming out with statements like this :snoop:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
He is best known for women lusting after him on social media. He needs to chill.