Ya remember in the mid/late 00s when the 360 wave game was at its peak & intense and competitive

Daps
Yep. I had that double sided mini brush and a regular brush. Took me a while because I didn't have the discpline to stick with it.

You would get your brush taken by the teacher. I remember one of my classmates was heated.:lolbron:

Go to the office:mjlol:

Nowadays dudes ain't dippin like they use to. Everybody from Lebron to fabulous is out of the wave game except nelly and diddy.:ehh:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I still got mine. :ahh:

vwZPawf.jpg

I can't get them out if I want to. They too deep. :damn:
One time I cut myself bald (by accident) and I could still see the wave prints. :wow:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I go on and off with my waves. In Italy I went down to like a 0. I like that a lot too, I'm growing an afro right now though.

With waves it's a cut every week type of gig, I'm not trying to do that. Wanna grow my hair out because I am able to and then later on ill do it

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I dont think it cuz yall hair is suddenly naturally wavy lol, prolly jus the waves pattern has pretty much been permanantly set in yall hair from past wavin

I was gettin em w/o tryin as well even after i retired from the game but I aint rly want them so I had to actually try to get em out by gettin cut very low and agaisnt the grain jus a few times.
Yeah basically that's the case for most cats , I probably used the wave grease like twice in the sixth grade to acquire my waves and I haven't had to use any form of grease since .. I usually just put water & du rag or I'll use hemp oil or olive oil lotion occasionally , either way I don't have to exert that much effort into getting waves anymore , its pretty much cemented in my hair forever

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Hell no, it was alot of dusty non good hair having nikkas with a brush in they hand at all times like an iphone and soggy ass wave caps galore, nikkas had them shyts on like 12 hours a day

See when you have good hair, all you gotta do is brush with just a little grease and no filthy ass non washed greasy ass rag necessary, thank god that whole style went away
fukk that nikka... we been here... we gonna be here :umad:

e3a4d35042cf742e6cd8f1cde6342de6.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'll never forget it brehs.

The Wave game in High School was FIERCE to the point where homies was rocking Doo Rags like DBZ characters rocked weighted clothing. You ONLY took off the Doo Rag when it was time to shine.

Easy Wave, 360 Wave, Murrays, and all those brittle pomades:wow:

Broke nikkas used Vaseline:russ:
A different colored Doo Rag for every outfit:mjlol:

You'd brush exactly 100 strokes forward, downwards, and back:whew:

Last edited:

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
:wow: Niccas had that brush in their possession as if it was their vital organ , damn near my whole school was walking around brushing their hair , sporting the silky du rag and this was right around the time the youtube wave game was blossoming with cats like SOULSEEKA (rip) , WaveGod etc ... I remember I used to frequent the wavebuilder forum and another wave forum (I forgot the name) in middle school and attain all the effective techniques to maintain my waves from there ...
Tried that shyt back in 08/09 and my hair texture didn't agree with the wave builder cream; had just the top of my head looking like some damn church pews.:mjcry: