XMEN movies are PROOF hollywood dont want to put BLACK WOMEN in roles of POWER

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
before I begin when I say BLACK WOMEN, I mean BLACK WOMEN, not bi racial. and as someone that's worked with actors and spoken to directors I know this to be true. I've heard directors say things to the point of 'YOU'RE THE RIGHT SHADE OF BLACK' when refer to mixed/light women for lead roles.

anyway... how is it STORM whom of which is a black African. is played by mixed biracial women in both versions of xmen, even though storm is BLACK and African. and the reason I think it is is because Hollywood does not want to cast a black i.e DARK woman in a position of power. and this is why usually in tv and movies in 'black' shows or movies the woman being desired is the mixed/ light woman, while the dark women are those being 'annoying' the best friend, or V.01 aunt viv who was out super quick.

anyway whats the reason STORM isn't played by a black woman, doing an African accent?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This common knowledge bruh you ain't exactly breaking atoms here. Hollywood likes black people in power to be lighter. The funny sidekick/Villain/Ignorant black person can be dark as hell though.

I'm still shocked Michonne from the walking dead didn't get lightened up
I think they kept michonne black as she has many flaws, and also the tv show tries to make her act 'savage' in some episodes. but yeah no ground breaking stuff but some people including black people try to act like this isn't happening or happens.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
before I begin when I say BLACK WOMEN, I mean BLACK WOMEN, not bi racial. and as someone that's worked with actors and spoken to directors I know this to be true. I've heard directors say things to the point of 'YOU'RE THE RIGHT SHADE OF BLACK' when refer to mixed/light women for lead roles.

anyway... how is it STORM whom of which is a black African. is played by mixed biracial women in both versions of xmen, even though storm is BLACK and African. and the reason I think it is is because Hollywood does not want to cast a black i.e DARK woman in a position of power. and this is why usually in tv and movies in 'black' shows or movies the woman being desired is the mixed/ light woman, while the dark women are those being 'annoying' the best friend, or V.01 aunt viv who was out super quick.

anyway whats the reason STORM isn't played by a black woman, doing an African accent?

Storm is Queen of Wakanda.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats an African accent ?

Storm is already partially anglo if she has straight white hair
an accent rooted/originated from any country of the continent of Africa.

nope storm is not mixed, she has white hair but not because she is mixed.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She is portrayed in a position of power in the comics. Even in Hollywood in Suicide Squad they have that black woman bossing them around.
yes I know that, she is portrayed powerful in the comics and also portrayed as a BLACK AFRICAN

yet in the movies she is portrayed as a MIXED BIRACIAL woman by two different actress'.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Didn't Claremont come up with the goofy backstory that Storm is descended from a long line of magical African priestesses whose looks are a combination of all races and that is why Storm has white hair and blue eyes?