Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29, 2022)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I might have to cop this. How long are these games typically?

Very long, typical RPG length. I'd say 60-70 hours, more if you explore everything.

2 was fukking huge.

Fred.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I still got it (definitive edition) downloaded, only played it for like 15 minutes.

one of the most overrated games (series really) in recent memory.

generic characters. trash ass nintendo system, overly convoluted and slow battle system.

shyts basura to me but people seem to like them so :hubie:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
btw the older fans like 1 better but the newer fans like myself that feel that part 2 is way better (gameplay wise, convoluted, but not impossible to lear)

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
one of the most overrated games (series really) in recent memory.

generic characters. trash ass nintendo system, overly convoluted and slow battle system.

shyts basura to me but people seem to like them so :hubie:

When I read your post I thought I wrote it lol

Even when the original one came out on the Wii I didn't understand the hype. shyt was uninteresting to me and I'm a big JRPG fan.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
btw the older fans like 1 better but the newer fans like myself that feel that part 2 is way better (gameplay wise, convoluted, but not impossible to lear)
Nostalgia is a massive drug. Like the biggest thing the game has going for it is the emotional twists, music and Egil as a villian. I still think it is good/solid JRPG, just not the classic it gets hyped up to be.

I'm not saying 2 is massively better (I give a very slight edge to 2). It builds those strengths I listed in 1 very well. I don't even think the gameplay is as complicated as people make it out to be unless you trying to post game & challenge mode content. Otherwise the game aint gonna ask you to do anything crazy. When XC 2 gets good, it gets really fukking good. But the first few chapters gacha, tutorials, and navigation def bring it down.

3 def gonna have a lot of promise but it will be a giant time sink tho.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Nostalgia is a massive drug. Like the biggest thing the game has going for it is the emotional twists, music and Egil as a villian. I still think it is good/solid JRPG, just not the classic it gets hyped up to be.

I'm not saying 2 is massively better (I give a very slight edge to 2). It builds those strengths I listed in 1 very well. I don't even think the gameplay is as complicated as people make it out to be unless you trying to post game & challenge mode content. Otherwise the game aint gonna ask you to do anything crazy. When XC 2 gets good, it gets really fukking good. But the first few chapters gacha, tutorials, and navigation def bring it down.

that has to be it because, like alot i went from 2 to 1 and it just felt flat(gameplay and the world) :manny:

,not the biggest fan of the gotcha system but it didnt bother me, neither did the anime or sexy outfits(grown men really complained about this) it was my favorite game of that year and its in MY top 10 JRPG( am not mega gamer aka, i''ve been gaming seriously since my mid 20s so please dont attack me)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

that has to be it because, like alot i went from 2 to 1 and it just felt flat(gameplay and the world) :manny:

,not the biggest fan of the gotcha system but it didnt bother me, neither did the anime or sexy outfits(grown men really complained about this) it was my favorite game of that year and its in MY top 10 JRPG( am not mega gamer aka, i''ve been gaming seriously since my mid 20s so please dont attack me)
in the same boat

1.... i expected something very different going from 2 and Torna backwards. There is more character development for blades and side characters than most of the main cast in 1 lol. I think 2 has some of the exploration out there (unless you tried to navigate by following the beacon like a dummy, then lol - but then again elden ring gets a pass for the 'freedom of exploration' so lol ppl need to make up their minds). meanwhile, 1 was just big and open for the sake of being big and open.

i don't dislike xenoblade 1. its just not the defining benchmark in jrpg game design that people make it out to be. but at the same time, im happy those people existed because they revived the franchise :manny:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Basically going full blackout on this game until next Friday, don't wanna see anything, don't want to know anything. See y'all then!

Dukie.gif