Xbox Live Gold to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is now 3:2 ratio instead of 1:1

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Reddit user in the comments confirmed this as their ~3 year sub now shows about ~2 years after converting if they went through with it.

What happens to my prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and/or EA Play when I Sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?
When you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we'll convert any prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, or EA Play subscriptions and apply it toward the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan at the current conversion ratio, up to a maximum of 36 months. Prepaid time conversion is final and non-refundable, and ratios are subject to change.
  • Xbox Live Gold and PC Game Pass conversion ratio: Any remaining time will convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time at a ratio of 3:2 and be rounded up to the next full day. For example, 90 days remaining of Xbox Live Gold or PC Game Pass will convert to 60 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time.
  • Xbox Game Pass for Console conversion ratio: Any remaining time will convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time at a ratio of 4:3 and be rounded up to the next full day. For example, 90 days remaining of Xbox Game Pass for Console will convert to 68 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time.
  • EA Play conversion ratio: Any remaining time will convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time at a ratio of 3:1 and be rounded up to the next full day. For example, 90 days remaining of EA Play will convert to 30 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time.

The conversion table:

With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, can I still redeem codes for Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and EA Play?
Yes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the following table. Conversion ratio subject to change.
Code typeWhat you also get
1 month of Gold20 days of Ultimate
3 months of Gold50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
6 months of Gold81 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
12 months of Gold4 months of Ultimate
24 months of Gold6 months of Ultimate
1 month of Xbox Game Pass for Console22 days of Ultimate
3 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console68 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
6 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console135 days of Ultimate (4+ months)
12 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console9 months of Ultimate
24 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console18 months of Ultimate
1 month of PC Game Pass Games20 days of Ultimate
1 month of EA Play10 days of Ultimate
6 months of EA Play40 days of Ultimate
12 months of EA Play2 months of Ultimate

Seems like they are slowly phasing this gold conversion away

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Party's over, brehs. Hope everyone got a plate before they started packing up. :francis:

tumblr_inline_n00bb6Rg7y1rgzq2t.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Party's over, brehs. Hope everyone got a plate before they started packing up. :francis:
You went from an average cost of $4.58 per month to $6.88. Rack rate is still $15.

The real math is in 2 years can I get $165 of value from Game Pass. If I complete 2 full retail games and 1 indie title it's a wash. Anything more than that I come out ahead.