Xbox Live coming to iOS, Android, & Nintendo Switch (Update: Xbox Game pass coming to the Switch)

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If this happens I'm buying a Switch pronto which would be an auto win for MS & Nintendo.

This would be a great partnership for everyone involved, both consumers & providers.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
If this happens I'm buying a Switch pronto which would be an auto win for MS & Nintendo.

This would be a great partnership for everyone involved, both consumers & providers.
Microsoft must be getting out of the console game next gen. This is too bold a move given we’re on the horizon of the next wave of new tech

Why the fukk would I buy an Xbox when I can play it’s games on a Nintendo and get all the glorious Nintendo exclusives too :wow:

@PS4 i can enjoy tiled rescources and the cloud from my SWITCH. Xbox loses another reason to exist.

I ain’t mad at them. Seems like MS knows their role. Let Sony and Nintendo be the top dawgs and MS can stand under them, hoping a scrap or two falls their way.

My, how times have changed.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
how are the big triple A's gonna run on this thing.....imagine playing retroarch thru the switch tho :shaq:

If it's similar to using a cloud server you would have the capabilities of the server not your local machine. Performance consistency will be based on your internet speed and performance.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Highly interested. May shape up into a huge game changer.

I really wanna know how they got Nintendo onboard.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MS and Nintendo aren't after the same crowd.

Just like Sony and Nintendo were suppose to work together but sony bailed now MS and nintendo seem to be planning on working together.

MS was and always has been about getting the MS brand to as many people as possible. With nintendo and iOS that gives them a HUGE foot print in japan, which in turn lets people get more comfortable with xbox in those area's where they aren't.

Microsoft losing nothing, Nintendo loses nothing and iOS losing nothing. They all have different over all business goals, and Microsoft has the resource, tech and infrastructure to pull this off correctly. I'm going to love being able to sign into xbox live, and use it for all my online gaming and potentially Game pass.....

Can you image game pass with tiers that involve potential nintendo games also.

Nintendo really just doesn't seem to know how to tackle the online aspect of gaming and it being outsourced to microsoft is a VERY smart move that I don't think would have happen if not for spencer or humble microsoft this generation. He seems like he's really been offering any and all resources to Nintendo as well as just being a fan.

With that kind of power and being a fan....yeah I can see why they are getting buddy buddy.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I meant why even make a console then.
To get people on the Xbox platform. Imagine having Sony, Nintendo, Samsung, other Android and Apple customers paying for Xbox live. That's cake.

It seems that this was the plan all along. The console was a Trojan horse to get customers used to paying for a subscription service.

But hey what do I know? I'm a gamer not a businessman.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Xbox is really done :wow:

Nah it's actually a smart move and pretty forward thinking tbh.

You guys are focusing on the games, but the PLATFORM is more important. Think about it, imagine you're a company like Nintendo who can't be bothered to spend the money to create a modern online experience. You give M$ the ability to run on your shyt and let them handle it.

Now you can focus on making games.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I’ve always said that gamers should have all the systems and a nice gaming pc.

But, it’s getting harder to think that way nowadays.

If RDR wasn’t a console exclusive (and the X1X didn’t have the best version), there’s really no reason to have a PS4 Pro, Switch, a gaming PC and an X1X. I was wrong brehs...:francis:
:dwillhuh: Why isn't Rockstar bringing RDR to PC? Please tell me their bring it to PC at a later date.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:whoo: Wait a minute!!! Brehs like me who don't own a console right now, but do own a Nvidia Shield TV are gonna be able to eat off Xbox Game Pass. Remember the Nvidia Shield TV got the same SoC & specs as the Nintendo Switch.

:myman: @Golayitdown @Stir Fry @Piffolo @Creepn @Redguard

EDIT:

I assume this will also come to Apple TV & Fire TV devices.

Last edited: