Xbox Game Studios leads TGAs with 20 nominations

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Who cuts the checks over there? Ok, then. And I'm sure you understand acquisitions don't just happen over the course of weeks. Only thing we know is that Sony moneyhatted to keep it off a competing platform. Arkane been making Deathloop-esque type games for decades, not sure why they'd suddenly need Sony's help to cover the costs.

If they didn’t need help to cover cost they wouldn’t have accepted a timed exclusivity and marketing deal. Arkane games sell like shyt, despite being well received critically. Bethesda themselves went to microsoft because they were bleeding money, which is why starfield and elderscrolls ahve been in production for so long.

Yes, Arkane was happy to get that sony check

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The difference is one game was fully funded and given resources by sony, and the other was just partially funded by sony.
This is a Sony practice, to fund a game to keep it off other systems.

When it's all said and done, you give Credit to Sony for Sony 1st party games and exclusives. Regardless of how much they contribute or not

But now it's different all of a sudden:sas2:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is a Sony practice, to fund a game to keep it off other systems.

When it's all said and done, you give Credit to Sony for Sony 1st party games and exclusives. Regardless of how much they contribute or not

But now it's different all of a sudden:sas2:

Everything 1st party is funded by sony, thats the point.

Deathloop was not funded by Microsoft, published by microsoft, and isn’t on Xbox consoles. It’s a sony game.

Its also a very good game

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
If they didn’t need help to cover cost they wouldn’t have accepted a timed exclusivity and marketing deal. Arkane games sell like shyt, despite being well received critically. Bethesda themselves went to microsoft because they were bleeding money, which is why starfield and elderscrolls ahve been in production for so long.

Yes, Arkane was happy to get that sony check

:hubie: You make valid points so I'll concede a bit. Still no reason for you to frame this like Sony was some benevolent demigod looking out for the starving artist. That paid exclusivity shyt is petty as hell.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:hubie: You make valid points so I'll concede a bit. Still no reason for you to frame this like Sony was some benevolent demigod looking out for the starving artist. That paid exclusivity shyt is petty as hell.

It works for me cause if sony didn’t money hat it I wouldn’t have gotten to play it :yeshrug:

Its always good to have the platforms be competitive but this isn’t indicative of anything. Sony released two games this year and still got 11 noms, and one game from bethesda has 9 so its bit disingenuous

Last edited:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It works for me cause if sony didn’t money hat it I wouldn’t have gotten to play it :yeshrug:

Its always good to have the platforms be competitive but this isn’t indicative of anything. Sony released two games this year and still got 11 noms, and one game from bethesda has 9 so its bit disingenuous
My guy just go get an Xbox, damn. From what I've observed you already spend enough that you could've easily bought one by now. I don't think we're friends on PSN but my library says it all. Been a diehard Sony fan for years. Talking since PS1 days. I used to despise MS too after that Rare acquisition (only had a Gamecube at the time lmao). And truthfully the only reason I picked up an Xbox One is because Target had a price mistake. But I'm glad it happened. They legit are doing good shyt and it's refreshing to have another company's spin on things. The BC shyt, the controller, the OS, gamepass and now their 1st party offering? shyt and FH5 is easily the best looking game out now. I just don't see why some of yall are like this lmao.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My guy just go get an Xbox, damn. From what I've observed you already spend enough that you could've easily bought one by now. I don't think we're friends on PSN but my library says it all. Been a diehard Sony fan for years. Talking since PS1 days. I used to despise MS too after that Rare acquisition (only had a Gamecube at the time lmao). And truthfully the only reason I picked up an Xbox One is because Target had a price mistake. But I'm glad it happened. They legit are doing good shyt and it's refreshing to have another company's spin on things. The BC shyt, the controller, the OS, gamepass and now their 1st party offering? shyt and FH5 is easily the best looking game out now. I just don't see why some of yall are like this lmao.

I’ll buy an xbox when they release games that i want, not games that yall like. I never cared for forza or halo thats not gonna get me to buy an xbox after a generational drought. I’ve owned multiple Xbox’s if they put out good exclusives I’ll cop. I don’t hate any company to the point where I’ll avoid games i want. I own every nintendo and end up enjoying like 5 games on it

If starfield and that new stoic game drop and they’re good I’ll be first in line. Peep my xbox tag all those games on there are similar to the games i play now, single player, rpg/action, adventure

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I’ll buy an xbox when they release games that i want, not games that yall like. I never cared for forza or halo thats not gonna get me to buy an xbox after a generational drought. I’ve owned multiple Xbox’s if they put out good exclusives I’ll cop. I don’t hate any company to the point where I’ll avoid games i want. I own every nintendo and end up enjoying like 5 games on it

If starfield and that new stoic game drop and they’re good I’ll be first in line. Peep my xbox tag all those games on there are similar to the games i play now, single player, rpg/action, adventure
:gucci:Bruh didn't you just make a thread celebrating the 20th anniversary of the GOAT? Can you play that on your PS5? Hell it's not even possible on PS4. These are the things you're purposely overlooking about Xbox. I ain't a huge Halo fan either and don't share the same nostalgia others have. You act like that's all there is lmao. I like what I like as well, but I will say that having so many choices with shyt like GP has got me to try stuff I only I had a passing interest in. But I respect it, it's your money to do with as you see fit. Was just suggesting you be a little more open minded.