Xbox Game Pass (Official Thread)

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo this is pretty dope way better than streaming and the price is nice. Gotta see the 100 games tho

GhostMan

All Star
Daps
No way in hell you get to keep. I'm pretty sure you have to be "online" as the DRM check to play the games.

I think on 360 you could install Games with Gold as long as you have a subscription and keep the games even if your subscription to Xbox Live ran out.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to do something similar with VC.

Sony def needs to copy.

Right now Ms is the ult BC company.

If I had kids def would get them a xb1 pay 9 bucks a month and be down with it

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the option to download is very good for sure. nice move by Team Larry, but it's still old games.

what you bringing new to the table?
New tech, honestly it's main reason Ive always leaned to Xbox.

From Xbox to Xbox 1

I feel like xb1 is starting to come around to what it wanted to do/be at launch.

A digital console media hub that's always online

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
the option to download is very good for sure. nice move by Team Larry, but it's still old games.

what you bringing new to the table?

They are doing everything right except fix their paltry 1st party offerings and exclusives.

XGP on paper is a better proposition than PSnow though....I'll give them that.

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
No way in hell you get to keep. I'm pretty sure you have to be "online" as the DRM check to play the games.

You'll need the subscription, but you do get 30 days of offline access :ehh:.

They'll probably do a subscription check every 30 days.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Its sega channel but you download the game.

Really dope, I'll probably invest in this.:blessed:
You know, I swear I heard somebody on SOHH.com talk about how Xbox live would evolve into a cable company, and that it would have games set up like how sega did with the Sega channel on comcast. Who was this visionary :damn:
I like the fact you download directly to your system vs the streaming/caching that PSNow does.
But but but, sony has a cloud network toooooo :bryan:
Hold up. So technically, I'll be able to download and install at least 100 games and keep them even if I decide to stop paying $9.99 for the service? If so, this is a gamechanger. Pun intended.
:stop: No
I think on 360 you could install Games with Gold as long as you have a subscription and keep the games even if your subscription to Xbox Live ran out.
That is true, but THIS is not games with gold, so games with gold rules do not apply here :francis:
New tech, honestly it's main reason Ive always leaned to Xbox.

From Xbox to Xbox 1

I feel like xb1 is starting to come around to what it wanted to do/be at launch.

A digital console media hub that's always online
Actually, its the complete opposite of what they wanted. THe plan was to have us all connected so the system and even the games could piggyback off of all the resources. These systems would have been part of a "cloud" and Microsoft was ready to make an ecosystem that revolved and evolved around that. It still is happening but the implementation cannot be the same because of the backlash that was spearheaded by sony gamers more interested in a console war than advancements in the gaming field :snoop:

They wanted to go all digital while still giving the option to have a disc for the few.. besides, it had a blu-ray player so it wouldn't hurt. Because everything was digital, they'd allow us to share our games with family and friends. Not all of them at the same time, but within moderation. Right now, we get free games every month, new AAA titles are being sold for half price within a month of release. Times are changing. Letting me share a game with my kid while still charging full price for 3/4months instead of 1 month later like it is now... would have been ideal. Thank you Microsoft for still trying to reach gamers in ways they understand. I just hope and pray the original vision can get here so we can experience more games making use of cloud technology. I know its still an unknown to most of you. But Crackdown 3 will be here by years end, and the doubts will disappear. Humble cupcakes for everybody!!!
They are doing everything right except fix their paltry 1st party offerings and exclusives.

XGP on paper is a better proposition than PSnow though....I'll give them that.
1st party XB1 games have been better. Sony fanbody have you thinking otherwise, then name games like Uncharted which gets no play by anyone here. Meanwhile, those same dudes will repeat the same bullshyt they can't speak on... All they have is Halo and Gears. Well, Halo and Gears are 2 of the 5 best games that have released this gen. So lets stop downplaying the best and start acknowledging how mediocre the rest :mj: iz be
You'll need the subscription, but you do get 30 days of offline access :ehh:.

They'll probably do a subscription check every 30 days.
Just like any subscription service, once your shyt runs out, the games/movie/etc will no longer work. They have stuff like free to play weekends where a game will be free to play. Once that time period is up, your system will ask if you have the disc, and to insert it if you wish to continue...

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My Xbox One has been sitting in the box for well over a year. If the game library is on point for this service I might have to fire it up again.