Xbox at E3 shows it finally has games, but is still struggling to match Sony in terms of wow factor

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A largely brilliant 90 minutes should have left Xbox fans happy, but Sony still has the upper hand in terms of next-gen showstoppers.

Xbox is doing great right now. It would take someone truly unwilling to give Xbox a shot to come out of watching the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase and not seriously think about being part of that console/PC/Game Pass ecosystem. It was a top notch showcase, with a diverse bunch of games, most of which you can play for less than a coffee and cake each month. It feels like Xbox is finally returning to its Xbox 360 heyday, which is great for everyone who loves video games.

And yet. Why am I somewhat underhyped? It’s a strange feeling. I’m feeling good about Xbox, looking forward to all the games coming to Game Pass (just look at that image below for a taste of what’s coming, not all of it), and we finally saw some truly next-gen looking games in the form of Microsoft Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon 5, but something was missing. As an event, a talking point for the industry and its fans, the showcase was a little flat. It was flat largely at a high level, only really dropping down in my opinion during the slightly too long look at Stalker 2.
More at the link…
Xbox at E3 shows it finally has games, but is still struggling to match Sony in terms of wow factor - VG247

This article is spot on. The games were all meh and what they really needed was the type of Sony blockbuster like God of War, Horizon, Rarshet that’ll get people excited. They simply don’t have those. Even Halo no longer has that wow factor anymore

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is all that matters:hubie:

Or let me guess, I'm supposed to care about what people like you, who aren't even on the platform, think?:patrice:
tell that to Xbots who continuously find goofy twitter posts doing the same shyt with negative Playstation news. :skip:

Of course Halo ain't what it used to be, but from what I saw with the multiplayer footage, it looked good. Much better than that garbage Phil approved to show last year.

article is spot on as well IMO

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean the majority of the conference was CGI trailers and remainder consisted of timed 3rd party indie games, multiplatform games, and all largely were the same first person shooter type games.

The only real standouts of the show were forza horizon and Halo and this has been the xbox conference for the last decade.

The only reason the microsoft conference looked good in comparison to the others is because they’re a platform holder that got to showcase 3rd party games. If they had to rely on first party like the other publishers they would have been trash also.

6-BA644-EE-D719-4-F42-A652-DAFD07789-F49.jpg

You can also add battlefield and far cry to this list since they got extensive showings as well

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean the majority of the conference was CGI trailers and remainder consisted of timed 3rd party indie games, multiplatform games, and all largely were the same first person shooter type games.

The only real standouts of the show were forza horizon and Halo and this has been the xbox conference for the last decade.

The only reason the microsoft conference looked good in comparison to the others is because they’re a platform holder that got to showcase 3rd party games. If they had to rely on first party like the other publishers they would have been trash also.

I mean.....

tumblr_oqmayecXqu1ttma2yo1_400.gifv

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

You can also add battlefield and far cry to this list since they got extensive showings as well
I feel like S.T.A.L.K.E.R was a fire showing as well. I have high hopes for that. I thought that was Xbox Exclusive.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
trust me we know you don't care

y'all havent cared about solid games in yeeeaaaarrrsss

I was all up in the Spiderman, Horizon, and Personal 5 Royal threads at the beginning of covid, are those not solid games?:mjpls:

tell that to Xbots who continuously find goofy twitter posts doing the same shyt with negative Playstation news. :skip:

Of course Halo ain't what it used to be, but from what I saw with the multiplayer footage, it looked good. Much better than that garbage Phil approved to show last year.

article is spot on as well IMO

I don't be on that lame shyt personally. I play everything and want the whole industry to be competitive and thriving. My gamertag is as multi-plat as a Ubisoft game I'm on PSN, Xbox Live, Nintendo Online, Steam, and Stadia:hubie:

XBox had a great E3 showing and now that Stans can't get their jokes off, they gotta settle for half-baked concern trolling and clickbait thread titles to create fake narratives :picard:. It's PATHETIC

@It was always you koba in here saying this article is "spot on" when literally most of it is praising Xbox's event while dude was all "1/10, almost fell asleep" in the event thread. Dude aint even reading the articles he posts:russ:

@Gizmo_Duck in literally every xbox game thread afterwards, mental illness on full display trying to concern troll, downplay, and create fake narratives:scusthov:

I just don't understand how all these non-gamepass subscribers are in such emotional shambles after a games showcase:heh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like S.T.A.L.K.E.R was a fire showing as well. I have high hopes for that. I thought that was Xbox Exclusive.

Nope it leaked in the apple vs epic case that it was a timed 3 month exclusive. A lot of those games are 3-6 month exclusives.

microsoft_document_2.jpg

The falconeer and Call of the Sea, games that launched with series x/s are already on PlayStation. The Medium is scheduled to launch on PlayStation in a month or two.

The majority of games shown during the xbox conference will be on PlayStation within a year

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And as much as xbox fans want to create fake hype for another year of forza and halo, the industry and gaming public at large does not care that much about these games. There will never be a day when any of these games are realistic GOTY contenders, halo might get a pity spot.

Most people aren’t running out to buy an xbox for gears, forza, and halo at this point only the people already committed to xbox still care about these franchises

Odds are Battlefield eats Halo’s lunch:yeshrug:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Apart from Hades, that’s a terrible terrible list :picard:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Nah nah nah breh.

Gamepass