"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Unless they frame this is some sort of X-gene acceleration as a fall out from the snap...shyt is going to be a bad look even having the word Mutants in it.

I'll check it out but I'm not really enthusiastic about what I'm seeing...kinda just wanna get it over with .
I'm pretty sure this isn't set in the MCU.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Unless they frame this is some sort of X-gene acceleration as a fall out from the snap...shyt is going to be a bad look even having the word Mutants in it.

I'll check it out but I'm not really enthusiastic about what I'm seeing...kinda just wanna get it over with .

the snap never happened there

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
the snap never happened there
I'm pretty sure this isn't set in the MCU.

I know it's not, but with all the reshoots I assumed they might have at least thought about trying to retrofit some sort of tie in.

Even Dark Pheonix coming out when it did was a bit too close to be following up with a hard reboot of the X-men even if a few years. There will be plenty of people who associate this with the MCU by default which puts even less of a gap between Fox and Marvel proper's franchise.

If there was no way to combat that assumed association I would have just scrapped this shyt.

:yeshrug:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Looks good. I'm pretty sure they done forgot what the movie is about. Massie was like she hadn't even heard anything about the new reshoots. Magik looks sick. I can't wait to fully see Cannonball & Rahne.

One thing Fox doesn't get enough credit for is how they portray their powers. They have the perfect mix of practical and CGI.