‘X-Men’ Drama 'Gifted' On Fox (Cancelled)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the finale. This show got potential moving forward because it wisely be loosely connected with Singer's X-Men universe while it can EASILY transition without any problems with the MCU since Disney is going to take reign later this year. Easily since the Struckers is linked with Baron Von Strucker.... it can integrate into that Hydra shyt and other things.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don't think Polaris would've joined the Hellfire Club if she had known the Cuckoos orchestrated the entire thing. They Palpatine'd her a$$ and she easily fell for it.
Nope..you lack attention. She was on the edge from when she got put in jail and got kicked in the stomach by lesser beings..all done by Sentinel Services and bigots like the agent who quit. They killed Dreamer with no consequences. She chin checked the sisters in the Escalade when they tried to goad her. It was clear by the Eclipse commentary that "Lorna knows exactly what she's doing " when they couldn't find her. This was all made crystal clear.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well damn they came thru and snatched all the strong mutants (well except the hacker chick) :leon:....think everybody knew Andy disloyal ass would leave his fam (prolly woulda slapped his mom if she woulda grabbed at him :hhh:) and the fact that Polaris is the seed of magneto automatically let u know she was dipping at some point. It was still a nice lil ending tho. I will say the resistance just needs a few new mutants to balance it out. Fire hands poe and thunderbird are still pretty strong and if blink masters her powers she'd Be a legit problem. Just need a couple more attacking type mutants instead of all the defensive ones they have. Somebody give Lorna a sandwich or two by next season too
The hacker chick named Sage is actually Tessa from the books who was put in the Hellfure Club in disguise in the 90s. She was Sebastian Shaw's telepathic sidekick and went full X man when Claremont returned. Been missing for years in the books...

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Finale was awesome. Show has a lot of potential. Its amazing to me how despite the acting being (at times) very subpar and the writing being (kinda) weak that the show is still able to be good.

If the acting can be a bit more crisp next season and the dialogue be a bit better (at times the dialogue between the characters had me like :stopitslime::martin:), this show can become one of the best out there.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nope..you lack attention. She was on the edge from when she got put in jail and got kicked in the stomach by lesser beings..all done by Sentinel Services and bigots like the agent who quit. They killed Dreamer with no consequences. She chin checked the sisters in the Escalade when they tried to goad her. It was clear by the Eclipse commentary that "Lorna knows exactly what she's doing " when they couldn't find her. This was all made crystal clear.

I meant go with the Cuckoos. It was her decision, but the final straw was the series of movies orchestrated by the Cuckoos. They had been dealing with all of that stuff prior to, the only new thing were the Hounds. However, they always had a safe haven. Part of her ultimate decision was not having a place to hide anymore, or at least feel comfortable. Especially since the other location was destroyed, due to the Cuckoos. That also played heavily in the other's decisions as well. I'm not saying she would have not broken off, but joining them? Why? Remember, the Cuckoos also spoke with Andy as well. She also went in with the initial plan but Marcos, and especially Warpath would not have let her do that then. But that was the Cuckoos plan all along. The Cuckoos seemingly know how to nudge, without their powers. Ultimately, they got her to do their dirty work?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We'l the Cuckoos sought her out and were an alternative to her living quarters. The point is..she had to strike back at some point...for the baby, for being tired of the fight, and for her best friend dying. Someone was gonna have to get hurt..Just like with Magneto in First Class.

And Lorna didn't really have a bad issue with their terrorist actions. She sees it as survival over other labels. They gave you the Cukoos point of view in how they manipulated the others but they definitey that they were fearful of Lorna above everyone. That' Why they broke down the steps to Lorna's descent in this episode...she was gonna heel no matter what. But as you saw..she didn't want her friends to take a hit for her actions.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
tumblr_p2n29qBb421ur1kgoo1_1280.jpg

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Hopefully we get some better story arcs next season.

The story arcs were fine, the acting needs to improve. As well as the dialogue, which means the writing needs to get better. I think another poster mentioned it before, but I like how each episode they had a mission they needed to accomplish, better than the typical villain of the week approach that a lot shows like this attempt to pull off.

Daps
Just finished. Fire finale. I wonder what Corey Booker will do in the next season since he quit the agency. I feel the most sorry for him since he lost his baby girl. :mjcry:

Cory booker? :mjlol:

Took me until the end of the season to stop thinking of him as Jason Pitts

The first couple episodes tho

:whoo: Jason Pitts not pawging no more

:whoo: Jason Pitts not pinching for pennies

:whoo: Jason Pitts got a gun