Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Post a single x men comic book you own.

I'm willing to bet all your knowledge is based on the 90's cartoon.

:mjlol: as if that has to do with a movie being trash. Im I'm over 30 and had comics from DC, Marvel, Image 20 years ago.

And you didn't refute a single point I made. "I'm a real fan doe" is your steez.:francis:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
So in other words. You don't own one. Noted.

Lol....I got/had copies of Preacher, Spawn, X-Men had a limited Spider-Man series growing up and my former job I visited DC world headquarters you moron.

Wtf does this have to do with underachieving/disappointing films?

Asking the X-Men flicks to focus on non Xavier/Magneto/Wolverine or Mystique and use their costumes shouldn't be some bold request. But apparently it is :francis:

Last edited:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Dark Phoenix as if we give a fukk about Jean or anybody else involved in this reboot yet. What are the stakes here,Storm was the only good thing about that movie. And even she was only good,and maybe only good because expectations were so low,but she was much better than Halle:martin:

Daps
I'm sick of Jennifer Lawrence in these movies, it's like they have to give Mystique this big storyline just to justify paying J.Lawrence all that money. Get a different actress and follow the original fukkin material.
And that is the problem. They are paying a villain (basically a weed carrier all things considered in the x men universe) more than everyone outside of Wolverine. Fox execs have to justify paying her that much so they literally will just make her a focal point of all of these films.
:russ: When they make that Spinoff film about Mystique, this forum gonna lose it.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I'm sick of Jennifer Lawrence in these movies, it's like they have to give Mystique this big storyline just to justify paying J.Lawrence all that money. Get a different actress and follow the original fukkin material.
And that is the problem. They are paying a villain (basically a weed carrier all things considered in the x men universe) more than everyone outside of Wolverine. Fox execs have to justify paying her that much so they literally will just make her a focal point of all of these films.
:russ: When they make that Spinoff film about Mystique, this forum gonna lose it.
Wait brehs, you haven't seen the movie yet :troll:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Lil Cease getting Biggie treatment. Damn shame :francis:

At least even in the MCU yes Tony Stark is the primary focus overall but that feels natural and they've given other people shine too. Mystique is an anchor on this franchise.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Lil Cease getting Biggie treatment. Damn shame :francis:

At least even in the MCU yes Tony Stark is the primary focus overall but that feels natural and they've given other people shine too. Mystique is an anchor on this franchise.
"The Wonderful World of Cease a Leo" >>>>>>>>>>>>> "Ready to Die"
JDyHVZ5.png

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Real question and I’m not doing the typical internet thing and not being sincere: aren’t the X-Men allowed to be adapted like other comic books or is that just not a thing a lot of X-Men fans are cool with? Cause focusing on magneto, professor x, and mystique isn’t a thing for me but I get it is for other fans so is there something wrong with that adaption or no? Most all comic book movies are adaptations of stories and characters not 1:1 retreads. Even Logan.

Or is it just the manner of the adaptation some have an issue with?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Real question and I’m not doing the typical internet thing and not being sincere: aren’t the X-Men allowed to be adapted like other comic books or is that just not a thing a lot of X-Men fans are cool with? Cause focusing on magneto, professor x, and mystique isn’t a thing for me but I get it is for other fans so is there something wrong with that adaption or no? Most all comic book movies are adaptations of stories and characters not 1:1 retreads. Even Logan.

Eh...yes and no.

The higher profile the character and/or story arc, the more resistant fans are to change. The problem is you don't get more high profile than the X-Men. Although ultimately if the end result is good ("Civil War" and "Logan") nobody is going to care about liberties taken with the material.

Having said all that, a major point of contention among fans is the constant focus on Mystique. That compounds the problem in ways that don't apply to other comic movies.

Fred.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You already have a rich story-verse to go on, why even make a divergent adaptation? Especially when said adaptation is shytty as well?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Eh...yes and no.

The higher profile the character and/or story arc, the more resistant fans are to change. The problem is you don't get more high profile than the X-Men. Although ultimately if the end result is good ("Civil War" and "Logan") nobody is going to care about liberties taken with the material.

Having said all that, a major point of contention among fans is the constant focus on Mystique. That compounds the problem in ways that don't apply to other comic movies.

Fred.

I understand the idea that the higher the profile the worse fan reaction is. Completely get that. It doesn’t bother me when it’s within character and within the realm of that universe but I’m cool with it.

And yeah the mystique thing doesn’t bother me so I can’t speak on it but I feel that even if it doesnt bother me
You already have a rich story-verse to go on, why even make a divergent adaptation? Especially when said adaptation is shytty as well?

And I could say the same for a litany of things. Vultures backstory was already interesting and taking away his scientist background and making him Walter white or Tony soprano wasn’t the character I read about or even necessarily what I wanted to see on first blush. But it worked (for me anyway) and it made sense for the world they created and felt logical. Even if that Adrian Toomes didn’t bear much resemblance to the Adrian toomes of the comics.

And also I don’t think this X-Men adaptation is shytty. They’ve made three movies I can’t fukk with and that’s x3, that first wolverine movie and apocalypse. Other than that I’m good with everything we’ve gotten.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand the idea that the higher the profile the worse fan reaction is. Completely get that. It doesn’t bother me when it’s within character and within the realm of that universe but I’m cool with it.

And yeah the mystique thing doesn’t bother me so I can’t speak on it but I feel that even if it doesnt bother me

And I could say the same for a litany of things. Vultures backstory was already interesting and taking away his scientist background and making him Walter white or Tony soprano wasn’t the character I read about or even necessarily what I wanted to see on first blush. But it worked (for me anyway) and it made sense for the world they created and felt logical. Even if that Adrian Toomes didn’t bear much resemblance to the Adrian toomes of the comics.

And also I don’t think this X-Men adaptation is shytty. They’ve made three movies I can’t fukk with and that’s x3, that first wolverine movie and apocalypse. Other than that I’m good with everything we’ve gotten.

Interesting comparison with Vulture, I wished MS should've played closer to his original comic origins but Keaton deserves 99 percent that, dude was great.

Honestly, making mystique the focal point of the x-men is a shytty adaptation to me:yeshrug:They've been making films since 2000 and have just been retreading xavier/magneto/wolverine for the most part.