X-Men '97

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wait, people are upset a shape-shifter is nonbinary?
0nPX60l.png

Yeah....I don't get it. I understand not being down with the trans shyt but some of y'all are losing the plot.

Fred.

NO

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A CONTINUATION
OF THE 90S SERIES.

MORPH WASNT NON BINARY
IN THE 90S SERIES
SO HE SHOULDN'T BE NOW
SINCE THIS IS THE SAME SHOW.

THEY COULD HAVE MADE
A XMEN 24 SHOW AND MADE
HIM NON BINARY WITH NO ISSUE.

STOP GOING BACK IN TIME
AND SLIPPING LGTB shyt
INTO ALL OF THE CONTENT.
THEY DO IT TO ALL THE TIME PIECES NOW.
:devil:
:evil:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

NO

OF THE 90S SERIES.

MORPH WASNT NON BINARY
IN THE 90S SERIES
SO HE SHOULDN'T BE NOW

THEY COULD HAVE MADE
A XMEN 24 SHOW AND MADE

:yeshrug:I’m saying in that canon being the 90s series. Morph wasn’t non binary now if you want to introduce some. Or create new characters fine that’s cool.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

NO

OF THE 90S SERIES.

MORPH WASNT NON BINARY
IN THE 90S SERIES
SO HE SHOULDN'T BE NOW

THEY COULD HAVE MADE
A XMEN 24 SHOW AND MADE

STOP GOING BACK IN TIME
AND SLIPPING LGTB shyt
INTO ALL OF THE CONTENT.
THEY DO IT TO ALL THE TIME PIECES NOW.

See, I never watched the 90's series so this makes a little more sense.

Fred.

Daps
Wait, people are upset a shape-shifter is nonbinary?
0nPX60l.png

Yeah....I don't get it. I understand not being down with the trans shyt but some of y'all are losing the plot.

Fred.

Nobody is complaining about Morph being a he she.

The complaint is about Wolverine, a traditionally masculine character whose hitlist has been full of bad Asians and redheads for over a century, now all of a sudden having an "interesting friendship" with Morph.

Of course all our fears could be overblown. :manny:

Maybe it's a bunch of ado about nothing. :manny:

But I will say this, coli brehs may not be right about anything else in this lifetime but we as an overall collective are prophetic savants when it comes to knowing if an upcoming superhero show or movie ain't gon be good. :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Nobody is complaining about Morph being a he she.

The complaint is about Wolverine, a traditionally masculine character whose hitlist has been full of bad Asians and redheads for over a century, now all of a sudden having an "interesting friendship" with Morph.

Of course all our fears could be overblown. :manny:

Maybe it's a bunch of ado about nothing. :manny:

But I will say this, coli brehs may not be right about anything else in this lifetime but we as an overall collective are prophetic savants when it comes to knowing if an upcoming superhero show or movie ain't gon be good. :hubie:
As a collective we are rarely surprised. I think venom was the last time

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't been following this at all and vaguely seen people complaining on social media.

I thought it was some flagrant shyt like Wolverine was gay or Jubilee was trans or something.

Fred.

To summarize it so you don't have to run back through the thread or comb through internet trolls:

-In some press, they referred to Morph as "non-binary." As you just said, a shapeshifter is by definition "non-binary;" that's just a modern term for someone who can be any gender.

-They also said that Morph and Wolverine have an "interesting buddy relationship" which had people jump to the conclusion that they're gay now.

From those 2 comments, and nothing else, people have run with tons of posts & tweets and clickbait videos about this before the show is even out. It's just silly.

For the 2 comments, after the backlash about the term, one of the creators of the OG series referenced in the original cartoon, there's a scene when Morph is under Mr. Sinister's influence where Morph turns into Jean and flirts with him to mess with him and no one thought anything of it. At all. Because that's just standard shyt shapeshifters do all the time. If the same exact scene happened in the current cartoon, there'd be video essays and tweetstorms. Morph also turns into a rhino. Again, shyt is silly

And in the original cartoon, Wolverine said Morph was his best friend on the team b/c Morph was the only one that could make him laugh, but it's a dynamic they didn't do much with on the show b/c Morph wasn't in it much with dying and recovering from dying most of the series. Most people would take the "buddy relationship" comment as them literally just doing more with them being buddies on the new show. Instead they imagine all this other nonsense.

As I said a bunch of pages back: people should wait until the show is out and complain about whatever you don't like and at least have a basis for their points, but everything that's going on now is outrage fan fiction where they're imagining things to be upset by just because they want to be upset.

Again, they're all pretending they ever gave a shyt about the barely in the series & created to die in the pilot character of Morph just because they want shyt to bytch about. Even if they make him full on gay, no one should give a damn because it's fukking Morph who has no real history and nothing established in the first place.