X-Men '97

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:Should’ve just been a new X-men series. But they’re banking off our nostalgia without letting the OGs finish telling their stories. It is what it is hopefully the action is good.

I agree… the problem with continuing from the 90s show is that they already ran through so many of the best stories. It would have been better to start from scratch so they could put kids and newbies up on all the classic stories from the 80s and 90s without all the baggage.

Take a Justice League unlimited styled approach where you’ll have change up the characters based on each story arc. Each arc can be a multi-episodic storyline. Maybe one three part episode can focus on the Blue Team, then they can do a two part episode about the Outback X-men. Or something along those lines.

They did that 3 -4 tmes at least animated, and X-Men hasn't touched the gold and blue era quality yet. Xforce as a bunch of killas has been more interesting

Blue and Gold were the most visually iconic but storywise, Byrne and Claremont were the peak. There’s a reason everyone keeps going back to the Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Blue and Gold were the most visually iconic but storywise, Byrne and Claremont were the peak. There’s a reason everyone kept going back to the Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past.
And they can tell those stories if they want but with the peak X-Men popularity team and visual design. It's one of two eras every where cyclops didn't look like an absolute buster, and the women actually showed off their physiques.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol:Should’ve just been a new X-men series. But they’re banking off our nostalgia without letting the OGs finish telling their stories. It is what it is hopefully the action is good.

I agree… the problem with continuing from the 90s show is that they already ran through so many of the best stories. It would have been better to start from scratch so they could put the kids and newbies up on all the classic stories from the 80s and 90s with no baggage.

Blue and Gold were the most visually iconic but storywise, Byrne and Claremont were the peak. There’s a reason everyone kept going back to the Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past.
Seems we got some comic readers in here. Did anyone read the comic that continued the cartoon story? It came to a specific conclusion that could tie in with all the multiverse stuff. It's a theory that's out there.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems we got some comic readers in here. Did anyone read the comic that continued the cartoon story? It came to a specific conclusion that could tie in with all the multiverse stuff. It's a theory that's out there.

I haven’t read the recent stuff… most of my knowledge comes from the 616 storylines in the 80s and early 90s.

You might be thinking of the X-men ‘92 comic that came out a few years back.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I haven’t read the recent stuff… most of my knowledge comes from the 616 storylines in the 80s and early 90s.

You might be thinking of the X-men ‘92 comic that came out a few years back.
Yeah, I'm the same as you, I collected in the same era as you. Not sure what the title was.
Here's the theory, gives a reason why they are going the nostalgia route.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they can tell those stories if they want but with the peak X-Men popularity team and visual design. It's one of two eras every where cyclops didn't look like an absolute buster, and the women actually showed off their physiques.

It was also one of the eras that didn’t feature Nightcrawler, who’s easily a top 5 x-man.

The Blue and Gold era is definitely great, but its glory was cut short by the Image Exodus in 1992 IMO. Sometimes the highest quality era/version of a property isn’t always the one that blows up.

For example, Final Fantasy 7 is the game that put the series on the map, but most people that played other games in the franchise will agree that 6 was better than 7. (And I love 7!) You also have a lot of people who still consider A Link to the Past better than Ocarina of Time (and I love Ocarina!)

The best thing they could do is keep the Jim Lee visual designs while going back to the Claremont/Byrne/Paul Smith stories. And feature Nightcrawler more. He should have been a main member of the squad in the OG animated series.

Last edited:
Daps
It was also one of the eras that didn’t feature Nightcrawler, who’s easily a top 5 x-man.

The Blue and Gold era is definitely great, but its glory was cut short by the Image Exodus in 1992 IMO. Sometimes the highest quality era/version of a property isn’t always the one that blows up.

For example, Final Fantasy 7 is the game that put the series on the map, but most people that played other games in the franchise will agree that 6 was better than 7. You also have a lot of people who still consider A Link to the Past better than Ocarina of Time.

The best thing they could do is keep the Jim Lee visual designs while going back to the Claremont/Byrne/Paul Smith stories. And feature Nightcrawler more. He should have been a main member of the squad in the OG animated series.

FF3 was up there, close to 7 in my opinion, real nxggas know :banderas: @987654321