X-Men '97

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
OK, let me clear some things up. Technically, any Marvel property can be considered "MCU" because of the whole multiverse nonsense.

But X-Men '97 being apart of the MCU has NOT been said by Disney/Marvel. It also wouldn't make sense because X-Men '97 is a REVIVAL/CONTINUATION of '90s X-Men.

That would mean that all of the other '90s Marvel cartoons are apart of the MCU (Spider-Man, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk) which doesn't make any sense.

The concept of the multiverse means all of those shows can be connected to the MCU. Same way Venom showed up from the Sony verse. The possibilities are infinite. Remember we saw strange and Chavez go through a Animated reality. I think the point of that was to establish even the cartoons of the past and what if? are part of the mcu

This is what the head writer of x men 97 had to say

Since that series is a continuation, would it still be considered as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? That would then, of course, make The Animated Series canon as well. According to a wide-ranging interview with The Direct, '97 head writer Beau DeMayo says fans will simply have to tune in to the series to find out.

The one thing I can say towards that is, I know sometimes we say, No comment,' and it's like, 'They're just being obstinate,'" the Moon Knight alumnus told the website. "I'm gonna go with no comment here because part of the surprise will be finding that out when you experience the show."

He added, "I can't speak to marketing, but I think there is a degree of—you will be asking that question."

I think professor X from x men 97 got pulled into the DR strange 2 illuminati timeline or that's the same timeline the x men 97 team is from. I think our live action x men will look just like their Animated versions, same outfits and all. That would be fire :banderas:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
am i tripping or was onslaught about to make an appearance before the show got cancelled.. i swear Charles had an apperation of some type

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watch ya mouth!!! :scust:
Replace Gambit?:what:

You can exit the thread now.

--UNPOPULAR OPINION WARNING--

...let's keep it 100, Gambit is lowkey the X-men equivalent of this dude:

BCBm.gif

Gambit was :banderas: in the 90s cartoon but outside of that he's irrelevant.
Notice how almost all of the really live stories in the OG comics either have nothing to do with Gambit (Morrison and Whedon's runs), or take place WAY before he was even created (Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past, God Loves Man Kills).
Dude was an overrated 90s fad. Not horrible, just overrated.

He's definitely better than the trash characters they're coming up with today though, I'll give him that. :yeshrug: