X-Men '97

Daps
Just watched this. Really cool how they brought back a lot of the OG cast. :salute:

No mention of Beau DeMayo :russ:

Oh well that was the reason I didn't check it out. I didn't want to see that fool walking around the Disney offices shirtless :scust:

Since he aint in it, imma tune in. Thanks for reviewing it for us :salute:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Just watched this. Really cool how they brought back a lot of the OG cast. :salute:

No mention of Beau DeMayo :russ:
Totally bypassed his whole existence. He is a well built, sturdy chest negroid already, and his gay anger might make him an asset. He is a prime candidate for my newest horseman....Zest.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeah he's not getting his job back

yeah being gay is one thing, thirst trapping is another and I am pretty sure they would be looking to fire someone if they did that for say Mariah Carey or Tyra Banks.

As skilled as he is he cannot let his vice define him. The OF page was fukking stupid.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn, that sucks. '90s Spidey in upgraded animation (and little to no censorship) would be dope :beli:

Well, at least greenlight other cartoons. Black Panther? Fantastic Four? Daredevil? Iron Man? Give us something :beli:

A slightly more adult MCU with all and any characters

Animated would be amazing

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

I like the show (I rate season 1 as an 8/10), and I disagree with a decent amount of what she said, but she had a few good points.

What's clear to me, though, is that Beau DeMayo definitely isn't the "genius" writer & showrunner that many people are hyping him up to be.

Hopefully, whoever they hire to be the new showrunner creates a more cohesive story.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I like the show (I rate season 1 as an 8/10), and I disagree with a decent amount of what she said, but she had a few good points.

What's clear to me, though, is that Beau DeMayo definitely isn't the "genius" writer & showrunner that many people are hyping him up to be.

Hopefully, whoever they hire to be the new showrunner creates a more cohesive story.

When a show has a great season the show runner gets their credit. Let's not move the goal posts now. It's 100% on RT so there's critical acclaim and the consensus is high praise from the audience. Give Beau Demayo his credit.

I thought the story was plenty cohesive and I don't have any real issues to complain about. For me it's a 10/10 considering how big of a step up it was from the original. They took a Saturday morning cartoon and matured the storylines and dialogue. The action was great. I'm more than satisfied and can't think of anything else I wanted without nitpicking.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
When a show has a great season the show runner gets their credit. Let's not move the goal posts now. Give Beau Demayo his credit.

I thought the story was plenty cohesive and I don't have any real issues to complain about. For me it's a 10/10 considering how big of a step up it was from the original.
Who's talking about "credit"? Like I said, many people are hyping DeMayo up to be some "genius" when that's not really the case.

He did OK and had some good ideas, but failed on a few things. Some people are acting as if the show will be "trash" without him as the showrunner lol (which is ridiculous).