X Gon' Give It to Ya...XFL Thread

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Lol what’s the logic behind the coach being mic’d While calling the play? :russ:
lets the play-by-play guy educate the audience by explaining what kind of play is likely to come up, so casual viewers can feel a bit more aware of what's going on, I imagine.
Kinda funny, it's another wrestling thing - having your non-color guy on commentary be working mostly to make sure people watching know what's occurring without feeling lost, while the color guy... adds color to that information and explains the little stories and why what the play-by-play guy calls matters.

God... the XFL is a 'rigged game' scandal away from literally just being World Football Entertainment...

giphy.gif

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Shawn Oakman legit the only person I recognize in this bytch

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
lets the play-by-play guy educate the audience by explaining what kind of play is likely to come up, so casual viewers can feel a bit more aware of what's going on, I imagine.
Kinda funny, it's another wrestling thing - having your non-color guy on commentary be working mostly to make sure people watching know what's occurring without feeling lost, while the color guy... adds color to that information and explains the little stories and why what the play-by-play guy calls matters.

God... the XFL is a 'rigged game' scandal away from literally just being World Football Entertainment...

giphy.gif
i guess there's lot of people don't know a thing about football so they dumb it down a bit like wrestling.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
i guess there's lot of people don't know a thing about football so they dumb it down a bit like wrestling.
To be fair, unless you played or you are a Madden fiend, a lot of the play terminology is gonna fly over people's heads. In the first game, dude was listening to the playcall and literally pointing out the routes certain receivers were going to run, and what that would do. And that kinda stuff does a lot for people who don't get football, or might find it too fast for them.

There's definitely benefit. But it definitely is gonna be a rough thing for teams, considering the only thing stopping the other team from having your playcalls at that point is the broadcast delay, since they're... literally broadcasting the playcalls.