WWE needs to get Cody off tv

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Yes, Hogan mostly wrestled on house shows (which is why he had more defenses than Roman, because he defended his title at untelevised shows), but he didn't show up and wrestle on every TV show. It meant something when you saw him at a live event.

Even Austin. He'd show up on every Raw, but he wouldn't wrestle. It was saved for PPVs. It meant something to actually see him compete.

I don't like the idea of your top guys showing up and competing every week. It devalues them, they no longer feel special. I feel that way about actual combat sports too. I'm not an MMA guy, but I'll use it as an example since UFC is under the TKO umbrella with WWE. Anderson Silva basically fought 2x a year. How many times did Conor McGregor fight a year? Twice? Imaging if he fought 3-4x a year every year. That shyt would devalue the fukk outta them.

Keep your stars fresh, keep fans wanting more. But don't give them too much, because they'll get sick of it
Austin wrestled on way more Raws during his first reign than Hogan ever did on Superstars. Probably would every week if it wasn't for his neck. They would've done anything stay afloat at the time.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
If they keep him coming back then audience will get sick of him. They need to cool him off and keep him off tv. If they have him come out every week they will ruin this story and his championship otherwise they will overexpose him.

not yet they got plenty of opponents for him Gunther , Drew , RKO and the final boss

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
You can tell there's generations of fans that have never seen a babyface that draws for a company be so well liked by the audience because the dread some fans have over Cody eventually losing the crowd is fukking hilarious.

Let the dude have his run. If or when the fans do turn on him, do something about it, not before. That's a tried and true formula.
I grew up with it. In fact I love a baby face. My concern are smarks booing Cody and ruining this story.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
not yet they got plenty of opponents for him Gunther , Drew , RKO and the final boss
I’m looking forward to all those especially Randy.

Yes, Hogan mostly wrestled on house shows (which is why he had more defenses than Roman, because he defended his title at untelevised shows), but he didn't show up and wrestle on every TV show. It meant something when you saw him at a live event.

Even Austin. He'd show up on every Raw, but he wouldn't wrestle. It was saved for PPVs. It meant something to actually see him compete.

I don't like the idea of your top guys showing up and competing every week. It devalues them, they no longer feel special. I feel that way about actual combat sports too. I'm not an MMA guy, but I'll use it as an example since UFC is under the TKO umbrella with WWE. Anderson Silva basically fought 2x a year. How many times did Conor McGregor fight a year? Twice? Imaging if he fought 3-4x a year every year. That shyt would devalue the fukk outta them.

Keep your stars fresh, keep fans wanting more. But don't give them too much, because they'll get sick of it
Absolutely. I’m a traditionalist and the top guy should never be seen on a weekly basis. He should be a powerful, looming threat whose presence is felt but not seen. This is true whether face or heel.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Business back in the 1980s was dependent on selling the television audience on going to the live events to see the big stars. Thats why you would rarely see Hogan, Savage, Andre wrestle on the weekly syndicated shows.

The growth of television money (especially now with the decline of cable) made it necessary to put the big stars on television weekly.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Cody hasn't had a televised match since WM, and likely won't until Backlash with AJ. Your champ not fighting every week is common sense, but keeping them off TV entirely for weeks at a time is stupid - and it makes even less sense in the brand split era. Rhea's been as over as anybody the past 12 months and for a chunk of that her and JD did double duty on both shows, even triple pulling up on NXT.

Imagine Stone Cold being kept off TV right after WM 14 :russ:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Cody hasn't had a televised match since WM, and likely won't until Backlash with AJ. Your champ not fighting every week is common sense, but keeping them off TV entirely for weeks at a time is stupid - and it makes even less sense in the brand split era. Rhea's been as over as anybody the past 12 months and for a chunk of that her and JD did double duty on both shows, even triple pulling up on NXT.

Imagine Stone Cold being kept off TV right after WM 14 :russ:
Good argument.

My main problem is Cody coming out and doing “I won!” and I fear they’ll turn on him because they’re not pushing the next storyline forward. Right now it feels like a victory tour and he’s not in a new program yet. But I’m watching this weeks Raw tomorrow so.

i like Cody and love this storyline. I just want it protected from internet smarks because I remember the boos for years towards Cena and it would be heartbreaking for it to happen to Cody.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Good argument.

My main problem is Cody coming out and doing “I won!” and I fear they’ll turn on him because they’re not pushing the next storyline forward. Right now it feels like a victory tour and he’s not in a new program yet. But I’m watching this weeks Raw tomorrow so.

i like Cody and love this storyline. I just want it protected from internet smarks because I remember the boos for years towards Cena and it would be heartbreaking for it to happen to Cody.
giphy.gif

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I grew up with it. In fact I love a baby face. My concern are smarks booing Cody and ruining this story.

Smarks boo Cody when other smarks push a narrative for them to run with, ie: threads like this. (not a shot at you that's just how their behavior is)

Let creative cook. Enjoy the run, he is not getting booed, no need to even bring this up.