WWE needs to get Cody off tv

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I haven't gotten this from other opinions or Bischoff or anyone. It's how I actually feel. WWE has a problem with its faces losing steam long-term for whatever reason. It feels like historically they keep them around too long or on tv for too long and they end up burying the entire roster. Maybe this was a Vince thing.

The champion should always be a special attraction in my view. Hoegan wasn’t on TV every week. If they book his interactions to mean something like they did with Roman the conversation about it alone will carry them to the next time.

BUT does Cody have that mystique about him, thats a million dollar question
This is what I'm saying. If a champion face is on tv every week grinning then people gonna boo him with the quickness.

Look at them now. They used to boo Cena but now they celebrate and cheer him any time he does show up. Why? Because we've had time away from him. When he's always there and he's always winning it gets boring.

In my opinion, the champion should have prestige. If you have the champion there on the program every week he loses prestige and value. If he shows up when he needs to and his appearances really count then you value him and the belt more. The more you see of the champion the less you care. I think Black and Gold NXT nailed that vibe.

He was literally off TV last night. :skip:
I haven't watched last nights episode yet but good.

I now see why Vince never listened to the neckbeards and booked shyt he liked.

Mafukkas don't know what they want.
I am just now tuning into WWE after years absence. I'm not really one of those internet smarks. In fact, I hate smarks. I'm just curious how they're going to take the Cody storyline.

Last edited:

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
The champion should always be a special attraction in my view. Hoegan wasn’t on TV every week. If they book his interactions to mean something like they did with Roman the conversation about it alone will carry them to the next time.

BUT does Cody have that mystique about him, thats a million dollar question
Really? (About Hogan?) I was born in the mid 80s so didn’t see hulkamania.

Striving For Greatness

Get Certs or Die Tryin
Daps
Does he look like a tribal chief or beast incarnate
full

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You can tell there's generations of fans that have never seen a babyface that draws for a company be so well liked by the audience because the dread some fans have over Cody eventually losing the crowd is fukking hilarious.

Let the dude have his run. If or when the fans do turn on him, do something about it, not before. That's a tried and true formula.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
TSC gon' TSC :lolbron:

The only reason Cody cooled in AEW is because that wasn't the crowd for the gimmick he was building - he's dead centre stage right in front of HIS crowd right now and that isn't changing any time soon.

Just enjoy a good thing for the dude. Ain't nobody tossing back the weight belt this time.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Really? (About Hogan?) I was born in the mid 80s so didn’t see hulkamania.
Yes, Hogan mostly wrestled on house shows (which is why he had more defenses than Roman, because he defended his title at untelevised shows), but he didn't show up and wrestle on every TV show. It meant something when you saw him at a live event.

Even Austin. He'd show up on every Raw, but he wouldn't wrestle. It was saved for PPVs. It meant something to actually see him compete.

I don't like the idea of your top guys showing up and competing every week. It devalues them, they no longer feel special. I feel that way about actual combat sports too. I'm not an MMA guy, but I'll use it as an example since UFC is under the TKO umbrella with WWE. Anderson Silva basically fought 2x a year. How many times did Conor McGregor fight a year? Twice? Imaging if he fought 3-4x a year every year. That shyt would devalue the fukk outta them.

Keep your stars fresh, keep fans wanting more. But don't give them too much, because they'll get sick of it