WWE does not pay residuals to RAW and SMACKDOWN writers

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
I'm willing to bet the writing team is largely made up of failed Hollywood rejects who couldn't cut it in any other entertainment medium.

Vince knows they'll eat up whatever shyt he serves them cause they have no other real prospects to fall back on if they get fired.

"You can take your residuals from my cold dead hands, pal!"
abdf23e47f0a53208bee40ab9562708c.png

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I'm willing to bet the writing team is largely made up of failed Hollywood rejects who couldn't cut it in any other entertainment medium.

Vince knows they'll eat up whatever shyt he serves them cause they have no other real prospects to fall back on if they get fired.

"You can take your residuals from my cold dead hands, pal!"
abdf23e47f0a53208bee40ab9562708c.png

100%

They took a job in fukking connecticut and away from hollywood. That's the first sign you know they're at rock bottom.

Non-union job

Putting down WWE writer on your resume would probably hurt you more than help

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Figured this after Jim Johnston admitted he didn't get any residuals. Wrestling is in that sweet spot where even though they admit it's scripted, the show is produced like it's an actual sports production so they don't have to run credits.

At the same time, I'm sure the fact that they don't get residuals is in the contract so ultimately, it's up to the person whether they accept the terms.
Jim created some of the most iconic music of the last 30+ years and prob got paid for it like a session musician :snoop:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
:laff:
Nobody pimps their employees like Vince McMahon.
And you still got people dying to work for him. Wrestlers don't get insurance or travel expenses, writers don't get credits or residuals.
Wouldn't surprise me if he got kids out there putting the ring together and stringing lights cause they cheap labor.

That dude is a bonafide slave driver

Vincent "Candie" McMahon :wow:

@3Rivers we need Vince's face on this asap
iKWAAhm.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
go professionally sign up.
to be treated like toadie by duke igthorn in real life joe.

while also being too ignorant to know.
in a land of make believe ass industry and land of make believe face ass occupation.
or completely forget toadie was an actual ogre tho.

Art Barr

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
This is only going to change in one of two ways: the courts which is highly unlikely or the networks. If it becomes bad business publicly to deal with a company that has these standards they’ll change over night. That goes for wrestlers rights too

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
People gonna bury the hell out of Vince on his death bed, and they really should, but at the same time, this dude rise to prominence could've been prevented by the little dudes saying enough is enough of this a$$hole