WWE Booking Stone Cold Like A Bytch After WM14 Unappreciation

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
To be fair all of Austin's ready made feuds to have him in after he first became champion all got derailed:

HBK: Lost his smile and "retired" for a couple of years until his return
Bret Hart: After the screwjob he left for WCW
Brian Pillman: Tragically died before they could run back their feud
Owen Hart: Tragically died from that Blue Blazer foolish that Vince booked

Austin feuding with Dude Love made since with the logic that Mankind was too popular of a babyface and Cactus Jack wouldn't have made since kayfabe wise Cactus is pure chaos. Dude Love was the personality that had some history with Austin due to both of them being tag team champions together and is the personality that could be easily manipulated by the newly created "Mr. Mahon" character from Vince.
Nobody is serious in here breh

But yeah, Dude Love was a weak first opponent for SCSA. I’ve been saying that since it happened, But I get they had to kill time before getting him to Kane/Taker. Feels like HHH would’ve been the easiest transition after WM14 but I understand he wasn’t ready for that level yet.

Mob H

All Star
Daps
No top babyface Superstar was booked WORSE than The Rock 99-00.

If Cody so great he should overcome :mjpls:
Let's just hope that when Cody does finally win it, he'll win from Roman and keep it instead of some dumb shyt like trading it back and forth for a couple months before ultimately pinning Paul Heyman in a six-man tag match.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
This segment alone makes that Stone Cold/Dude Love feud worth it:

:mjlol: @ JR's commentary.

"AWWWW, GOOOD LORD, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!"
"IS THERE A CONSPIRACY, WHAT DO YOU THINK FOLKS!?"
"AH GOOD GRIEF, WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS dikk CLARK!?!"

Also think this was a rib to try and get Austin to break character lol.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
To be fair all of Austin's ready made feuds to have him in after he first became champion all got derailed:

HBK: Lost his smile and "retired" for a couple of years until his return
Bret Hart: After the screwjob he left for WCW
Brian Pillman: Tragically died before they could run back their feud
Owen Hart: Tragically died from that Blue Blazer foolish that Vince booked

Austin feuding with Dude Love made since with the logic that Mankind was too popular of a babyface and Cactus Jack wouldn't have made since kayfabe wise Cactus is pure chaos. Dude Love was the personality that had some history with Austin due to both of them being tag team champions together and is the personality that could be easily manipulated by the newly created "Mr. McMahon" character from Vince.

Shyt worked because it gave Foley a boost. Foley played on to the Corporate Sellout ECW gimmick and got tons of heat

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City

It’s crazy looking back at it. Rocky was either losing or getting beat up every single week and it did not hurt his status AT ALL. He was that good.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia

Forget the Cody point thats nonsense but I came in here to argue the Rock thing but youre right. He feuded with Val Venis over Mankind's book and a damn sock with his face on it. The fukk? I thought it was only the Wrestlemania thing but he was not booked well at all during that time until maybe the Benoit feud.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
98 was a weird year for him. Wins rumble, beats Shawn, goes against Vince and has to face Dude Love, loses to him via DQ, beats him clean, loses the title to Kane for one night, wins the tag titles with Taker while still involved with Kane and Foley, beats Taker at a classic PPV, pinned by Taker and Kane and is stripped of the title, refuses to crown a new champ and is fired, screwed over in the tournament, finally a fatal 4-way with Taker, Kane, Foley,...wins a buried alive against Taker. :heh:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This segment alone makes that Stone Cold/Dude Love feud worth it:

:mjlol: @ JR's commentary.

"AWWWW, GOOOD LORD, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!"
"IS THERE A CONSPIRACY, WHAT DO YOU THINK FOLKS!?"
"AH GOOD GRIEF, WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS dikk CLARK!?!"

Also think this was a rib to try and get Austin to break character lol.

Ya'll can say whatever ya'll want; I can never hate Vince just off his body of work for the last 40 years.

No matter how bad the product is/gets, there is always something that reels me back in or gets me to bust up laughing

People are going to miss him when he kicks the bucket for good

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
98 was a weird year for him. Wins rumble, beats Shawn, goes against Vince and has to face Dude Love, loses to him via DQ, beats him clean, loses the title to Kane for one night, wins the tag titles with Taker while still involved with Kane and Foley, beats Taker at a classic PPV, pinned by Taker and Kane and is stripped of the title, refuses to crown a new champ and is fired, screwed over in the tournament, finally a fatal 4-way with Taker, Kane, Foley,...wins a buried alive against Taker. :heh:

Then almost gets murdered on national TV

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Proves how overrated AE booking is looking back. If I wasn't a pre teen at the time i probably wouldn't have enjoyed it. My older brother quit watching it at the time. Goldust was his ":hubie:" moment.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
"Stop being impatient, we're not at the end of the story yet...wait til Stone Cold finally beats HBK for the belt at Mania 15 :skip: "

Funny thing is I bet HBK with a messed up back tried hard to politic his way into a win over Austin too. I think healthy HBK would’ve been even more hell in convincing to win that match, that fukkery would be hilarious to read about :banderas: