WTF Lamarcus Aldridge got a blood virus that was deadly this past week?

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I heard he contracted MRSA

which is a bacteria...., not really considered a blood borne one either.

and its not the biggest fukking deal in the world. i'm glad he's okay, but its like one of the most common forms of in-patient infections

I was just about to post this... it had to be bad though if the Staph made it all the way to his blood... & I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last time he catches this... if he caught it around the crib it's still there & he'll catch it again. I had repeated Staph infections that drove me crazy for months til' I found out a couch I purchased that was supposed to be new was actually used and that's where the bacteria was living... got rid of the couch & haven't had one in years... shyt is serious though... I had 3 boils in 5 months... on the stomach, my arm and my knee... shyt was the worse pain I ever had in my life...

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just about to post this... it had to be bad though if the Staph made it all the way to his blood... & I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last time he catches this... if he caught it around the crib it's still there & he'll catch it again. I had repeated Staph infections that drove me crazy for months til' I found out a couch I purchased that was supposed to be new was actually used and that's where the bacteria was living... got rid of the couch & haven't had one in years... shyt is serious though... I had 3 boils in 5 months... on the stomach, my arm and my knee... shyt was the worse pain I ever had in my life...

thats an interesting way to get it.

the most common way I see patients come into the clinic with MRSA is women and men with boils under shaving areas (arm pits). you are right, the boils are most definitely recurrent and tough to get rid of. That's the point when people usually change their razors (one of the reasons to change your blades more frequently). Staph is resident flora of skin and nares. One of the ways of getting staph induced bacteremia is by surgery since you open up your wounds. Catheters and devices are also getting common. In the hospital, you get the methicillin resistant variety.

Peyton manning, tom brady, ryan howard and many others have gotten it. i'm sure a lot of people in this thread will get it. its a tough stay in the hospital but usually its caught early and can be treated. you can go into toxic shock though and that would be pretty serious (you see it with young girls using "super tampons" and the bacteria just flourishing in their vaginas and going into the blood)

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MRSA is one of the deadliest things you can encounter in a hospital though...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats an interesting way to get it.

the most common way I see patients come into the clinic with MRSA is women and men with boils under shaving areas (arm pits). you are right, the boils are most definitely recurrent and tough to get rid of. That's the point when people usually change their razors (one of the reasons to change your blades more frequently). Staph is resident flora of skin and nares. One of the ways of getting staph induced bacteremia is by surgery since you open up your wounds. Catheters and devices are also getting common. In the hospital, you get the methicillin resistant variety.

Peyton manning, tom brady, ryan howard and many others have gotten it. i'm sure a lot of people in this thread will get it. its a tough stay in the hospital but usually its caught early and can be treated. you can go into toxic shock though and that would be pretty serious (you see it with young girls using "super tampons" and the bacteria just flourishing in their vaginas and going into the blood)

He's talking about not being able to see, walk or talk though. MRSA of course can lead to septic shock but it's not going to give you those neurological symptoms, what he had sounds more like a Guillain-Barre or Miller-Fisher following a viral or bacterial infection.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
You can't tell me those draft prospects are not aware of these random occurrences to Blazer Players......whoever get drafted by the Blazers will be :jawalrus: on the outside, but :why: on the inside