WTF Hideaki Itsuno is leaving Capcom

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:heh: thread reminds me of the time Digga from Masta Ace Incorporated said he was suing Irv Gotti for ripping off their whole style.

Rosenberg: So we hear you got a pending lawsuit against Irv Gotti of all people. Whats that about? :ehh:

Digga: :aicmon: Look, we started "Masta Ace Inc". Next thing you know, Irv and Ja got MURDA INC!? Look! We got girls rapping and singing in the group. All the sudden, Irv got girls rapping and singing too!? C'mon, man!!!!:stopitslime: "

*awkward silence*

Rosenberg: :skip:

Cipha Sounds: :patrice:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
:heh: thread reminds me of the time Digga from Masta Ace Incorporated said he was suing Irv Gotti for ripping off their whole style.

Rosenberg: So we hear you got a pending lawsuit against Irv Gotti of all people. Whats that about? :ehh:

Digga: :aicmon: Look, we started "Masta Ace Inc". Next thing you know, Irv and Ja got MURDA INC!? Look! We got girls rapping and singing in the group. All the sudden, Irv got girls rapping and singing too!? C'mon, man!!!!:stopitslime: "

*awkward silence*

Rosenberg: :skip:

Cipha Sounds: :patrice:
Their character has guns and sword, our character has guns and a sword.

Their guy has a long leather coat, ours does too.

Their movie has red and black as the main colors on their cover, our game does too.

"But he likes Pizza and turns into a demon though" , Okay, they added random anime type stuff.

If they tried that shyt right now Disney would sue their ass back to making Mega Man games.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

Their movie has red and black as the main colors on their cover, our game does too.

"But he likes Pizza and turns into a demon though" , Okay, they added random anime type stuff.

If they tried that shyt right now Disney would sue their ass back to making Mega Man games.
:mjgrin:So Blade stole from Hellsing because that’s what you’re literally describing.
74928.jpg

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

It's understandable why you would think that.

Made me go back and remind myself of that 2007 interview with the DMC Producer:

GamesRadar: Do you find that things outside of gaming influence you, in terms of maybe music or films or anything that help influence the direction you take your games?

Hiroyuki Kobayashi:
I'm a fan of Hollywood movies and blockbusters - especially action movies, so I'd say that has some influence. Japanese animation, of course, I draw from that too. When DMC first came out, that was also the same time that movies like The Matrix and Blade came out, so we drew a lot of our inspiration from those types of movies.

Now, just speaking for myself?
I'm a deliberately obtuse ass nygga :mjlol:so for the last 17 years I've always phrased it as Dante is a Blade rip off that them damn Asians usurped into Marvel vs Capcom 3 over our guy :mjpls:...

But technically the more operative and endearing term would be "inspired by", straight from the horse's mouth.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
It's understandable why you would think that.

Made me go back and remind myself of that 2007 interview with the DMC Producer:

Now, just speaking for myself?
I'm a deliberately obtuse ass nygga :mjlol:so for the last 17 years I've always phrased it as Dante is a Blade rip off that them damn Asians usurped into Marvel vs Capcom 3 over our guy :mjpls:...

But technically the more operative and endearing term would be "inspired by", straight from the horse's mouth.
I can say maybe my wording of it is too direct, but when folks are saying,”I don’t see it at all, they are nothing alike!”, that’s straight up trolling because having eyes should let them see the inspiration. I relate it to the Yoko Kano situation, I remember when it came out how “inspired” she was by bebop jazz brehs japanophile mofos were in denial for years. Now you have whole YouTube channels with direct comparisons.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If y’all don’t gtfoh with that shyt lmao, so cac who originally had a long black coat, guns and a sword who fight monsters was mostly influenced by cobra the space based manga? He just said that shyt so the block wouldn’t get hot and they end up getting sued.

Blade 1998

085157.jpg

Blade 2

OIP.74m9eFuwaT_O4xSUs4fDiAAAAA

DMC 2001
4323350-devil-may-cry-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

They even used the same color scheme.
you reaching like a muhhfukka, Vampire Hunter wasnt a concept started with fukking Blade :mjlol:

Vampire Hunter D a popular manga and series that was started in 1983 in Japan

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I can say maybe my wording of it is too direct, but when folks are saying,”I don’t see it at all, they are nothing alike!”, that’s straight up trolling because having eyes should let them see the inspiration. I relate it to the Yoko Kano situation, I remember when it came out how “inspired” she was by bebop jazz brehs japanophile mofos were in denial for years. Now you have whole YouTube channels with direct comparisons.
:mjlol:Who’s saying that lol, we’re saying that Dante isn’t a Blade ripoff. By your logic Blade is a Van Helsing, Hellsing, and Vampire Hunter D ripoff.

Last edited:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
you reaching like a muhhfukka, Vampire Hunter wasnt a concept started with fukking Blade :mjlol:

Vampire Hunter D a popular manga and series that was started in 1983 in Japan
That’s revisionism though, vampire hunter D had ONE movie in 1985 at the time, I wonder why it took until 2000 for such a “beloved” character to get another movie? It’s almost like they saw how well Blade 1998 was doing and decided to toss the character some funding to capitalize off of that. I bet Dragon Ball and GUNDAM didn’t have One movie in 15 years and those are actual beloved series’s.
:mjlol:Who’s saying that lol, we’re saying that Dante isn’t a Blade ripoff. By your logic Blade is a Van Helsing, Hellsing, and Vampire Hunter D ripoff.
Bro already posted the quote where Kobayashi said the were “influenced” by Blade which was out at the time. If you aren’t gonna read the thread you aren’t discussing in good faith breh.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
That’s revisionism though, vampire hunter D had ONE movie in 1985 at the time, I wonder why it took until 2000 for such a “beloved” character to get another movie? It’s almost like they saw how well Blade 1998 was doing and decided to toss the character some funding to capitalize off of that. I bet Dragon Ball and GUNDAM didn’t have One movie in 15 years and those are actual beloved series’s.

Bro already posted the quote where Kobayashi said the were “influenced” by Blade which was out at the time. If you aren’t gonna read the thread you aren’t discussing in good faith breh.
:mjlol: So you’re ignoring what the creator and designer of the character. Said where he pulled his inspirations from lol.

Last edited: