WTF Hideaki Itsuno is leaving Capcom

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
If y’all don’t gtfoh with that shyt lmao, so cac who originally had a long black coat, guns and a sword who fight monsters was mostly influenced by cobra the space based manga? He just said that shyt so the block wouldn’t get hot and they end up getting sued.
Why are you even arguing, breh? Itsuno didn't create DMC. Kamiya did.

Itsuno brought the game back from the brink of extinction after almost killing the franchise.

When I think of Itsuno, I think of Rival Schools, Power Stone, Capcom Vs SNK, Dragon's Dogma. DMC 3,4 & 5. Jreh has classics under his belt.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
TIL Blade can transform into a demon, is obsessed with pizza, has an evil twin brother, and runs a vampire/demon hunting business :ohhh:
Nah bro, Japan doesn't get a pass for blatantly stealing IP. Vergil was a retcon in dmc3 of the boss from the first game. Vampire/demon hunting business, damn sounds familiar. Pizza is a w/e thing.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Nah bro, Japan doesn't get a pass for blatantly stealing IP. Vergil was a retcon in dmc3 of the boss from the first game. Vampire/demon hunting business, damn sounds familiar. Pizza is a w/e thing.
:mjlol:Vergil was always a thing lol this is official DMC1 art
kiekhuyg2dr21.jpg

Last edited:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
If y’all don’t gtfoh with that shyt lmao, so cac who originally had a long black coat, guns and a sword who fight monsters was mostly influenced by cobra the space based manga? He just said that shyt so the block wouldn’t get hot and they end up getting sued.

Blade 1998

085157.jpg

Blade 2

OIP.74m9eFuwaT_O4xSUs4fDiAAAAA

DMC 2001
4323350-devil-may-cry-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

They even used the same color scheme.
You said ripoff :comeon:

Influence wouldn't be hard to believe but dante and blade too distinct to say dmc is a ripoff

Both are a character archetype that's been around decades before dmc1 or blade 1

Devil man and berserk to more contemporary ones like Alucard (castlevania & hellsing) or inuyasha

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
You said ripoff :comeon:

Influence wouldn't be hard to believe but dante and blade too distinct to say dmc is a ripoff

Both are a character archetype that's been around decades before dmc1 or blade 1

Devil man and berserk to more contemporary ones like Alucard (castlevania & hellsing) or inuyasha
Red Black Accents, guns and a sword who fights demons/vampires. If you can't put 2 and 2 together I don't know what to tell you.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Filibuster
I'm not talking about Vampire Hunter D, I'm talking about DmC and how capcom ripped of Blade's design from the Movie franchise that peaked in the late 90's and replaced him with a CAC and released a game in 2001. Because that's what happened. They even stole the Key art and used it for the cover.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I'm not talking about Vampire Hunter D, I'm talking about DmC and how capcom ripped of Blade's design from the Movie franchise that peaked in the late 90's and replaced him with a CAC and released a game in 2001. Because that's what happened. They even stole the Key art and used it for the cover.
It's not stealing breh. You're nitpicking similarities to jump to the conclusion dante is a blade ripoff

Blade debuted in tomb of dracula in 1973 looking how I just showed you. Nothing like the wesley snipes version we know. So keep that in mind

The Vampire hunter d manga debuted in 1983 and hellsing in 1997

The Blade movie was in the works since 1992, but didn't get officially into production until 1997. However, they made lots of changes to Blade to make the movie more of a hit.

For starters, Blade wasn't a Daywalker in the comics before the movie. Originally he was just a regular dude immune to vamprism.

Starting to sound familiar, yet?

"D is a dhampir, the half-breed child of a vampire father and human mother (actually genetically engineered by the ruler and first of vampires called Sacred Ancestor using his own DNA and that of humans in an experiment to create a vampire without vampires' typical weaknesses like the sun and having to drink blood), the ideal vampire hunter. He is renowned for his consummate skill and unearthly grace but feared and despised for his mixed lineage: born of both races but belonging to neither. Often underestimated by his opponents, D possesses surprising power and resourcefulness, having most of the strengths of the Nobility and only mild levels of their common weaknesses."

Keep in mind, the manga entered publication in 1983. Wesley snipes was pretty heavily involved in the writing. So at the very least, I'm sure the martial artist that he is gotta be at least somewhat of a fan of anime to be familiar with the series

I'm not saying it's a ripoff. Concepts are similar all the time. However, you're not being consistent with how dismissive you are to any similarities Blade has to any other material :skip:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:What key art was stolen?

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
If we lie, we must die on that lie :blessed:
Ya'll are trolling like a mofo, but you admitted I was right a sec ago so I'll take it. Trying to veer the conversation into Vampire Hunter D that hadn't been had a movie in the west outside of the 85 crappy one was a good try though.