WTF Does Gen-Z Even Have To Be Nostalgic About?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
millennials are cringe but at least millennials have legitimate nostalgia and can remember a time before the internet changed everything. when gen-z ages into adulthood and starts reflecting on & romanticizing the past (like millennials do now) wtf do even have to be nostalgic about?

"remember how great covid-lockdown was? how we all stayed in our house and binged brainrot content on tik tok?" :pachaha:

the nostalgia cycle is already starting for them tho and there's a big trend right now for gen-z to be nostalgic for 2000's corporate asthetics like "frutiger aero" for example and I like how other youtubers are calling them out for this fake & lame nostalgia

I feel bad for them honestly :francis: gen z honestly has to be the WOAT generation. other than subjective/individual experiences they really don't have big, shared cultural moments to look back on like :gladbron: as a generation the same way millennials, gen-x, boomers, etc do

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old viral youtube videos perhaps :yeshrug:

But this applies to most younger millennials as well (1990-1996)

Lebron going ape shyt in 2018 perhaps? I know all sports fans talk about it but I'd imagine it hits different watching him as dominate as a a young fan. :yeshrug:

The warriors dynasty? Again as s young fan it'd be more memorable and mesmerizing than as an adult with responsibilities.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We say the same thing about every generation. :mjlol: People were saying the 90s were bland there’s nothing to be nostalgic about compared to the 80s

2000s were bland there’s nothing to be nostalgic for compared to the 90s

So on so on

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Old viral youtube videos perhaps :yeshrug:

But this applies to most younger millennials as well (1990-1996)

Lebron going ape shyt in 2018 perhaps? I know all sports fans talk about it but I'd imagine it hits different watching him as dominate as a a young fan. :yeshrug:

The warriors dynasty? Again as s young fan it'd be more memorable and mesmerizing than as an adult with responsibilities.
Most of us remember how the country was before 9/11. We got the Lakers run, PS2, Boost Mobile walkie-talkies, cheap fast food, early SpongeBob, the birth of social media, etc

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're forgetting that by the time they're in their 40s, human liberties will have virtually completely disappeared. So they'll reminisce on sh*t like:

"Remember when we still had access to drinking water and you could just get tap water basically for free whenever you wanted to? :gladbron: "

and

"Remember when people still believed and claimed that they themselves created the laws they lived by through 'voting'? :mjlol: "