WSJ-PS5 shipped 61.7m/Xbox Series 28.3m WW as of end of June 2024. PC Gaming/sales falling

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I've legit never seen one in real life.

Everybody was rocking with PS2 or their old Dreamcast or N64 during that era.

I even started playing shyt like Roller Coaster Tyc00n on PC.

So, I'm not surprised--I hung out with all types as kids.

I ended up getting one in 2005 after I had the GameCube and PS2. I didn’t really play it much though.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
PS2 says otherwise :ld:
I agree, but that's a much different situation imo. There was more competition in the PS1 and PS2 era. Plus, they had to start off strong due to being a new entrant. Once they obliterated the competition we got the slow start of the PS3 because they most likely thought they could put it on autopilot.

I don't think anybody will enter this space, but it's still crazy saying out loud that Microsoft was in the industry for 20+ years and didn't know how carry on the momentum from 360 era. To fall off that quickly shows how incompetent they were because they pretty much had North America and was doing well in some parts of Europe, and to see it all collapse in real time is crazy. I wasn't old enough or too into console to feel the effects of Sega dropping out of the industry

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I agree, but that's a much different situation imo. There was more competition in the PS1 and PS2 era. Plus, they had to start off strong due to being a new entrant. Once they obliterated the competition we got the slow start of the PS3 because they most likely thought they could put it on autopilot.

I don't think anybody will enter this space, but it's still crazy saying out loud that Microsoft was in the industry for 20+ years and didn't know how carry on the momentum from 360 era. To fall off that quickly shows how incompetent they were because they pretty much had North America and was doing well in some parts of Europe, and to see it all collapse in real time is crazy. I wasn't old enough or too into console to feel the effects of Sega dropping out of the industry

I honestly believe a lot of the early gen fud in 2020-22 is because of the 360/xbox one era

those generations had big momentum shifts at the beginning because of one side coming out with big blunders. I felt like the internet and the fans kept trying to recreate this big blunder for sony with the fud around backwards compatbility, Liquid Metal leaking and overheating rumors, all the jim ryan stuff, etc. while also really putting phil spencer and gamepass on a pedestal as “for the gamers”

of course none of that works when the actual product is out and carries its own weight. It’s also why we keep hearing that Microsoft is going to cut this generation short to replicate the 360. It’s like this entire focus on living in the 7th generation when things were “competitive” is all a big fascade. The 7th gen wasn‘t that competitive, and Microsoft screwed a lot of people with the red ring of death, me included.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PS2 only exists as it does because it didn’t have any competition.

As soon as there was competition, sony never got close to PS2 numbers again.

It’s abundantly clear the console market has a ceiling.

Y’all don’t wanna admit it, but xbox still holds on to a lot of that market, and will do so into the future. Which “exclusive” games launched where and when have very little to do with it.

:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who do I believe? :sadbron:
IMG-8213.jpg

Apparently your sony stan overlord :ehh: