WSJ: Microsoft subsidizes the cost of Xbox consoles to the tune of $100 to $200 per console

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn’t high five anything, i pointed out the fact that Microsoft faces the same economic burdens as Sony, the only difference is they are being backed by a trillion dollar company that can eat losses. Thats kind of the whole point I’ve always made, Microsoft whether its gamepass, hardware, or lack of sales can continually eat cost related to the products they offer.

Thats why i also find it hilarious to hear them say sony could put their big games on ps plus day one, no they cannot. Microsoft is loss leading into the unforeseeable future
Makes you wonder why don’t they show people how many units they sell, they’ll tell you about gamespass all day but not hardware. And miss me with that M$ doesn’t care about console numbers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Makes you wonder why don’t they show people how many units they sell, they’ll tell you about gamespass all day but not hardware. And miss me with that M$ doesn’t care about console numbers

They very much do as its been their talking points for the first half of 2022, with Satya Nadella saying they were the market leaders in console sales for 2 quarters. They can only greatly increase gamepass subs through hardware, which is also why he recently stated how many series s owners were new to the xbox ecosystem because thats where they are gaining subs.

shyt, we don’t even have to know how many units they are selling they could simply give us their actual gaming profits. That would tell us all we needed to know

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sure.

Yall were in there having a field day. Well….time is a flat circle as they say. :blessed:
Y’all????

I ain’t say shyt in there but laugh at you goofys as usual.

Nobody was calling it anti-consumer in there. In fact it was seemingly sony stan’s with the most adverse reactions to the news.

The only person that even implied it was “anti-consumer” was @winb83. Our resident contrarian sony stan. :mjlol:

It’s been clear for years sony has a very small margin of error/loss when it comes to playstation. PS3 almost killed the entire company. Microsoft has given xbox a much longer leash and that results in benefits for the consumer.

Ain’t xbox fans fault you decided to stan a broke boy company :ufdup:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My prediction is hardware price stays the same, but they'll first raise first party game prices to $70. Then they will increase the price of gamepass by $3-$5 once the ABK deal is completed. Also they're going to kill that xbox live gold conversion trick, so yall better get on that ASAP.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My prediction is hardware price stays the same, but they'll first raise first party game prices to $70. Then they will increase the price of gamepass by $3-$5 once the ABK deal is completed. Also they're going to kill that xbox live gold conversion trick, so yall better get on that ASAP.

Yeah, seems like the obvious course of action. I expect the price increase by the time Redfall or Forza comes out. I can see gamepass ultimate going up to 17.99 and gamepass going up to 12.99.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
images

Replace "caw" with "Sony stans :mjlol:"